Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 128Thanks
    vicki2221
    No interest in my house
    • 1st Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    No interest in my house 1st Nov 17 at 1:00 PM
    Hello. We listed our house on 10th October and have so far had no interest in it. The marketing report from the agent says they have sent dozens of emails and texts about it. It has been clicked on over 150 times. I know a few weeks isn't long but houses in our area usually go fast, we live right by a fast trainline to London and it's a popular commuter area. I thought we would have at least had a few viewings by now. This is our first house and first experience of selling.

Is this is a very quiet time of year for buyers? I don't know if our house is the problem or if this time of year is bad for selling.

The agent hasn't been overly insightful - just said hold your nerve or drop the price. I would greatly appreciate any comments or thoughts on what we might be able to do to improve the situation! We really want to move, we've seen a house we love and we've just got married and would like to move on to our family home ASAP.

I can't post a link so please search TN4 9YB in Zoopla and it's the 1 bedroom house priced at 240k.
    Last edited by vicki2221; 01-11-2017 at 1:07 PM.
Page 12
    • thepurplepixie
    • By thepurplepixie 10th Nov 17, 5:54 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    thepurplepixie
    It is a big improvement, some tweeks but a great start.
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 10th Nov 17, 9:09 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    vicki2221
    It is a big improvement, some tweeks but a great start.
    Originally posted by thepurplepixie
    Thank you! The EA says they are all set to list it tomorrow. And we decided to try £230k. So let's see.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 10th Nov 17, 9:27 PM
    • 10,132 Posts
    • 57,016 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Great improvement, but yes a tad long and a bit too much repetition.

Good luck.
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 10th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 10,132 Posts
    • 57,016 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    Husbands love garages don't they. it's the first thing mine has looked for when we've been searching for our next house.

There are so many 1 or 2 bed flats around here for 300k - 400k. So yes the price of my house doesn't seem too bad in comparison, but it is considerably less glamorous!
    Originally posted by vicki2221
    Strip out the furniture and accessories and it’s not glamourous. It will just be boring old “builders beige” the glamour comes from the furniture and accessories.

You can easily achieve a look similar to that. It really doesn’t take much money to update a tired house, just a bit of flair and a weather eye on what’s in fashion. Just make sure to include this seasons colours for accessories such as cushions, throws, vases or ornaments. The beauty is of course that you get to take them with you anyway so it’s not “money lost”.
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 11th Nov 17, 3:58 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Surprise surprise, the EA is having "technical difficulties" and the listing can't go live until Monday
    • thepurplepixie
    • By thepurplepixie 11th Nov 17, 5:08 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    thepurplepixie
    He does seem useless, hope they get it sorted for you. Are you tied in with them for a set time?
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 12th Nov 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Bit of an oxymoron using the word 'rare'. Perhaps revise it to "Ideal for first time buyers / downsize home property" and leave out the BTL investment bit given the state of the BTL market lately.
    Originally posted by Candyapple

Good advice.
    • thepurplepixie
    • By thepurplepixie 13th Nov 17, 9:45 AM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    thepurplepixie
    Hope it gets listed today and you get some interest. Good luck and do let us know how it goes.
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 13th Nov 17, 12:00 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    vicki2221
    The EA is driving me insane! On Saturday they sent me new particulars using a cut-down version of the new copy my dad wrote. They forgot to add a photo of the conservatory so I approved the content and asked for the conservatory photo to be added. Then this morning they send me a new version with requested photo added but for some unknown reason they have blended together the new copy with their dreadful original copy - the "simple supper or something more extravagant in the kitchen" copy is back. WHY OH WHY!!!!

They couldn't fit it in the set text box so they have then set up a 'What The Vendor Says' box and simply cut and paste the last 2 paragraphs into this box. So now a "quote from the vendor" reads like marketing copy and has no context, it is just absurd and the laziest thing I have ever seen.

I have lost my **** over this and waiting for a call from the manager. I hate them, I really do.
    Last edited by vicki2221; 13-11-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 13th Nov 17, 12:59 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Maybe the thought of losing their tenants fees is rattling them?
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 13th Nov 17, 2:16 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    vicki2221
    Here we go
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-69311471.html
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 13th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    • 5,223 Posts
    • 2,204 Thanks
    Crashy Time

Oh yes, MUCH better!
    • SuboJvR
    • By SuboJvR 13th Nov 17, 2:53 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 311 Thanks
    SuboJvR
    Vicki this looks much better, you’ve really transformed the living space and it’s so much clearer how the outside “works” in relation to access inside and to the garage etc! Hope you get lots of renewed interest!
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 13th Nov 17, 3:02 PM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 6,391 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    A great improvement! Fingers crossed you find a buyer very soon
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free since age 40 (2007)

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 13th Nov 17, 3:06 PM
    • 2,995 Posts
    • 4,154 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    It looks like a different house.
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 13th Nov 17, 3:09 PM
    • 9,892 Posts
    • 7,948 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    It's better but still room for improvement. In the description (which is still too long), the ambiguity still exists re the number of cars the garage will accommodate and also whether or not the shower room is ensuite. Also the nonsense about the conservatory and sunlight is still there.

Photo of entrance lobby is so close, that it appears you (or the agents) want to hide the approach to the front door. The shower room photo is poor, should have been taken standing on the landing. There are no dimensions for the conservatory, and the lounge area dimensions are actually those of the whole room.

The garden photos now reveal the extensive decking (not very attractive) and the poor state of the fence. The garage photo isn't exactly inspiring. Saying that the garden is large is subjective, it is large for the type of property.

If the above seems hyper (not hypo) critical, I am sorry but I am only trying to help you get viewers through your door
    • thepurplepixie
    • By thepurplepixie 13th Nov 17, 3:09 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 1,521 Thanks
    thepurplepixie
    It looks and reads really well. Good luck.
    • vicki2221
    • By vicki2221 13th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    vicki2221
    It looks and reads really well. Good luck.
    Originally posted by thepurplepixie
    Thank you very much. I will keep you posted.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 13th Nov 17, 4:07 PM
    • 9,796 Posts
    • 12,417 Thanks
    hazyjo
    Do agree with a lot of what Lincroft says, but generally Cakeguts gets it right with "It looks like a different house."!

The lounge and kitchen shots are LOADS better! It looks like a home.

Still loads of improvements could be made to the garden for very little money, but hopefully people will look and think it's not been overdeveloped and they can make it nice themselves and more appealing and maybe even add value.

Good luck!
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies; cowhide rug; Windsor luxury break, foundation; Flybe flight
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 13th Nov 17, 4:45 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 4,146 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    Wow - well done!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

2,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin