Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 3
    • swall101
    • By swall101 24th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    swall101
    Applied last night online. Whole process took literally 20 mins start to finish including switching form and downloading the B app. I did not get asked to upload ID etc... just had 3 or 4 questions about my credit file to answer and decision was pretty instantaneous including approval of overdraft.

Changing subject slightly my Experian score went from 999 to 990 after application, checked today. Will this impact overly? Only reason being am going to apply for B credit card as has zero fees for foreign transactions and going away early next year. Maybe I will leave a month or so until I apply...
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 24th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 2,405 Posts
    • 968 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    well there goes Halifax Reward account, I have called last night and started switch of out of this account to my existing Yorkshire account (as existing customers also eligible for the switch incentive if they have not received one before)
    MFW # 105

2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / £3152.60 so far as at October
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 24th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    Take it this is for new account holders only?

I only opened an account with them a month or so ago. So annoyed!
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 24th Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    • 983 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    I can’t edit last post. I have checked and existing customers can take advantage of the offer
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 24th Oct 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    Nextonal
    Title of thread now changed since it has gone live nationwide.. sorry for delay!
    • Beartricks
    • By Beartricks 24th Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Beartricks
    I want to switch to this account although I get paid towards the end of the month which is within the 7 day switch period.

Is there any chance I could have issues with getting my salary during the switch? I don't want it to bounce back at work because they tried to pay my old account, for example.

Edit: Also, does this apply only to people who switch, or could I get the £250 by opening an account outright? I've been looking at several accounts as I'd like to get a bonus for switching but I also want have an account that gives me some interest. Ideally I'd have done the First Direct account with it's linked saver but the Clydesdale is double the bonus

I only have one account open at the moment, and I'd like to do as little damage as possible to my credit score, as I'm also after applying for a credit card.
    Last edited by Beartricks; 25-10-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 25th Oct 17, 3:03 AM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 511 Thanks
    soulsaver
    Were you told there and then that the account was open and ready to switch? I uploaded my documents today but just had a screen thanking me for uploading the documents and have not heard anything since.
    Originally posted by christiem94
    Mine appeared to be hung up for 36 hours...

If you've not had a welcome email you're prob still in process & needs completion.

Go to the login page and use the 'login to retrieve application' and select current account type from the current account dropdown and work through it... see where that takes you.
    Last edited by soulsaver; 25-10-2017 at 3:06 AM. Reason: clarity
    There are 24 bottles of beer in a crate. There are 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not....
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 25th Oct 17, 5:41 AM
    • 2,405 Posts
    • 968 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    I want to switch to this account although I get paid towards the end of the month which is within the 7 day switch period.

Is there any chance I could have issues with getting my salary during the switch? I don't want it to bounce back at work because they tried to pay my old account, for example.

Edit: Also, does this apply only to people who switch, or could I get the £250 by opening an account outright? I've been looking at several accounts as I'd like to get a bonus for switching but I also want have an account that gives me some interest. Ideally I'd have done the First Direct account with it's linked saver but the Clydesdale is double the bonus

I only have one account open at the moment, and I'd like to do as little damage as possible to my credit score, as I'm also after applying for a credit card.
    Originally posted by Beartricks
    No the terms state you have to switch in to them. Opening an account alone would not work http://www.ybonline.co.uk/resources/e6ff10a6-1b40-4e44-82bb-c58130a1a538/149904_250_Cashback_DU250TCS.pdf
    MFW # 105

2015 Target £7000/ Overpaid £8095
    2016 Target £6000 / Overpaid £6983.24
    2017 Target £3500 / £3152.60 so far as at October
    • MartieF
    • By MartieF 25th Oct 17, 6:44 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MartieF
    If I switch accounts what happens to incoming payments and direct debits. For example, my accountant has recently put in for a refund from my hmrc account and if that's in the process at the time of my switch how will it find its way into the new bank account? Thanks
    • rammelino
    • By rammelino 25th Oct 17, 7:28 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    rammelino
    2 x Direct Debits
    Hi

Very interested in this offer. I have an M&S current account doing nothing, with no money in it, so this is the obvious one to switch.

However, there arenít two direct debits on this account - is that a problem? Or am I okay to set up two direct debits with the new Yorkshire account to meet the criteria to get the £250?

Thanks
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 25th Oct 17, 8:10 AM
    • 802 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    Is the application erroring out for everyone or just me?
    • Beckyy
    • By Beckyy 25th Oct 17, 8:31 AM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 4,155 Thanks
    Beckyy
    Is the application erroring out for everyone or just me?
    Originally posted by LuSiVe
    I got mid application, it froze loading and I can't relog into it, just get a loading screen which times out. I'm guessing it's busy for them this morning!
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 25th Oct 17, 8:34 AM
    • 802 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    After I submit the personal details page I'm getting to an error page - doesn't matter which bank I choose (tried B and Yorkshire). The B application was down from 6am - 8am so it might not be fully back up yet.
    • sue.b
    • By sue.b 25th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 97 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    sue.b
    I submitted my application then got a page saying 'We need to ask ask a few questions to check your identity' but it is still loading after 20 minutes. Does not bode well for online banking with them
    • zen135
    • By zen135 25th Oct 17, 8:41 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    zen135
    Same here this morning. It's showing a technical error message.
    • pmatt
    • By pmatt 25th Oct 17, 8:42 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pmatt
    Iím fairly sure MSE just broke it

I got to the end of the application and got a screen saying something had gone wrong and I should call.

I called and was told there was a 25 minute wait.

Doesnít bode well, but I suspect that all 20 million people who get the MSE newsletter applied at once and it broke the bank.
    • Beckyy
    • By Beckyy 25th Oct 17, 8:45 AM
    • 2,743 Posts
    • 4,155 Thanks
    Beckyy
    Something’s gone wrong
    Sorry, it looks like there’s been a technical problem. While we’re sorting it out, please call us instead on 0800...
    • rammelino
    • By rammelino 25th Oct 17, 8:50 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    rammelino
    Password!
    When I go into retrieve my application - it froze just as I got to the end - itís asking me for characters 10 and 11 of my password when my password only has 9 characters!!!

• pmatt
    • By pmatt 25th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    pmatt
    When I go into retrieve my application - it froze just as I got to the end - itís asking me for characters 10 and 11 of my password when my password only has 9 characters!!!

Originally posted by rammelino
    Yeah ó I tried that and the same happened to me
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 25th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    All set up now with internet and telephone banking. Switch arranged and everything so far has gone really well. So impressed I will probably use this as my secondary account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

865Posts Today

6,685Users online

Martin's Twitter