Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 2
    • Jibeddy
    • By Jibeddy 23rd Oct 17, 10:57 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Jibeddy
    I think the £250 offer has now gone live nationwide!

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 23rd Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 3,790 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Yes, it's live
    Briefly £1K pay in per month, 2 x DDs, online/mobile banking.
    No bonus if you have already had one

I'm going quickly to groom one of my BOS a/cs!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • lala9
    • By lala9 23rd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    lala9
    I've applied for this account as currently wishing to change banks. Just had to upload some id documents to verify who i am, spoke to their customer services who were very good. Anybody else been through this process, and know how long it take ect?

• mt99
    • By mt99 23rd Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 453 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    mt99
    Is it worth starting a new thread, as the title says 'Birmingham Only'. Or alternatively can the 'Birmingham Only' be removed from the title and first post?
    • badger09
    • By badger09 23rd Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 5,376 Posts
    • 4,613 Thanks
    badger09
    Is it worth starting a new thread, as the title says 'Birmingham Only'. Or alternatively can the 'Birmingham Only' be removed from the title and first post?
    Originally posted by mt99
    Only OP can do that, but you could PM him/her
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 23rd Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Just signed up for the Clydesdale account. For £250 it's one that can't be passed up. It's very generous and the requirements are not onerous at all. You only need to pay in £1,000 in the first two 31-day periods and 2 direct debits within 62 days, and also sign in to internet banking.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and it's forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • Beartricks
    • By Beartricks 23rd Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 179 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Beartricks
    Can someone give me some advice?

I'm looking to switch accounts to take advantage of free money/incentives. I'm not getting much from the account I have now, which was with Nationwide.

I'm looking to open a Lifetime ISA in a couple of months, with a view to buying a house. Otherwise I just want to maximise my savings in general. My plan was to switch to First Direct to take advantage of their £125 switch deal, and open one of their 5% daily savers on the side and just max it out for the measly £97 a year that I'd make in interest. On top of that I was just going to get an American Express credit card with cashback and use it to make all my every day purchases.

It seems to me that this Yorkshire Bank deal would be better overall though as it would net me £125 more than the First Direct deal in the first year, which would outweigh any interest I'd accrue in their daily saver. Then I could switch to something like First Direct after a year.

Am I on the right track or am I missing something?
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 23rd Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    youngretired
    Can anyone that has recently opened one of these confirm if the switch can be done online as stated in a previous post? It's just when I did mine you had to phone them and I am thinking of saying to my parents to do a switch but my dad doesn't like doing things by phone.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 23rd Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 3,790 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Katiehound
    I can't apply online - it doesn't like my postcode!! so won't look up address...(and couldn't save the existing data either)
    Will have to phone tomorrow and start again

Thank You
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 23rd Oct 17, 10:48 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Can anyone that has recently opened one of these confirm if the switch can be done online as stated in a previous post? It's just when I did mine you had to phone them and I am thinking of saying to my parents to do a switch but my dad doesn't like doing things by phone.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    It said that you could do this online but unfortunately I didn't get that far as the website stopped responding after I had been approved for the account. I had to phone to do the actual switch but the staff on the phone were very good and had it all done in about 10 minutes.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and it's forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • noh
    • By noh 23rd Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    • 5,133 Posts
    • 3,452 Thanks
    noh
    Originally posted by youngretired
    I managed to do the switch online as a continuation of the application after I had been accepted for the account although the process froze and I had to go back to the start and select to continue the saved application it then worked ok.
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 23rd Oct 17, 11:20 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    I managed to do the switch online as a continuation of the application after I had been accepted for the account although the process froze and I had to go back to the start and select to continue the saved application it then worked ok.
    Originally posted by noh
    Ah, I never thought to do that.
    • mt99
    • By mt99 24th Oct 17, 10:22 AM
    • 453 Posts
    • 218 Thanks
    mt99
    Applied and switched online last night.

Went through application process (chose 'B' account) - at the end it said account opened and gave the sort code/account numbers (one for current account, one for linked savings account).

Next screen asked for sort code and account number of account you'd like to switch, and also the switch date you'd like. Asked for debit card number of old account as verification.

Took about 10 mins in total.

Note: just in case you missed it - the 2 lots of £1000 have to be paid in withing 31 days and 62 days of account SWITCH date, not opening date.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 24th Oct 17, 10:36 AM
    • 3,790 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Katiehound
    It still doesn't like my postcode- don't know why- not a new build but a Victorian terrace!
    Have been on hold for half hour +- thankfully a free call.
    They are overwhelmed! (understandably) and are making half hour appointments to call back from tomorrow onwards.
    See what happens tomorrow teatime

Thank You
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 24th Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    Applied and switched online last night.

Went through application process (chose 'B' account) - at the end it said account opened and gave the sort code/account numbers (one for current account, one for linked savings account).

Next screen asked for sort code and account number of account you'd like to switch, and also the switch date you'd like. Asked for debit card number of old account as verification.

Took about 10 mins in total.

Note: just in case you missed it - the 2 lots of £1000 have to be paid in withing 31 days and 62 days of account SWITCH date, not opening date.
    Originally posted by mt99
    I applied this morning and when I went to submit it came up some addresses for me to confirm the correct previous address and then I had to answer 3 questions from my credit file but I am sure I got one of those wrong. It then carried on processing the application only to be told a decision will be made in two working days.

It may be because of the id check issue or because I already have about 6 c/a's already open and they may have guessed my reason for opening another one.

Also have a Cifas protective registration on my credit file and this may be an issue as well.
    Last edited by MABLE; 24-10-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    • lala9
    • By lala9 24th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    lala9
    I have been accepted for this account this morning, applied yesterday morning. So far they seem pretty quick, unlike the HSBC account I applied for two weeks ago which is still droning on, I also had to go into branch to take id, but with Clydesdale you upload direct over the internet your id docs, perfect. Now just kicked off the switching process with them. Very impressed so far!!

• Golfer1996
    • By Golfer1996 24th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 508 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    Golfer1996
    I have a Halifax "Cardcash" account that is still active that I used to use when I was younger. Can I switch to Yorkshire Bank from this account?
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 24th Oct 17, 4:29 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 1,765 Thanks
    MABLE
    I applied this morning and when I went to submit it came up some addresses for me to confirm the correct previous address and then I had to answer 3 questions from my credit file but I am sure I got one of those wrong. It then carried on processing the application only to be told a decision will be made in two working days.

It may be because of the id check issue or because I already have about 6 c/a's already open and they may have guessed my reason for opening another one.

Also have a Cifas protective registration on my credit file and this may be an issue as well.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    UPDATE.

Received a text this pm advising me to log in for the decision. Good news was accepted and not sure what the issue was but no ID requested.
    • christiem94
    • By christiem94 24th Oct 17, 6:02 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    christiem94
    I have been accepted for this account this morning, applied yesterday morning. So far they seem pretty quick, unlike the HSBC account I applied for two weeks ago which is still droning on, I also had to go into branch to take id, but with Clydesdale you upload direct over the internet your id docs, perfect. Now just kicked off the switching process with them. Very impressed so far!!
    Originally posted by lala9
    Were you told there and then that the account was open and ready to switch? I uploaded my documents today but just had a screen thanking me for uploading the documents and have not heard anything since.
    • Weybridge78
    • By Weybridge78 24th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    Weybridge78
    I already have a credit card and Current Account Plus with Clydesdale Bank. Recently arranged for the Current Account Plus to be switched to Halifax for their £125 reward so I've just had to apply for their B Account. Failed one of the ID checks over the phone so they are sending me a letter with some sort of authentication code which I need to call up and tell them and only then can they open the account. If the £250 offer is withdrawn in the next few days then this may be a problem...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

865Posts Today

6,685Users online

Martin's Twitter