Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 25th Sep 17, 6:40 PM
    • 23,251Posts
    • 40,569Thanks
    ZTD
    And now the fuse is lit...
    • 25th Sep 17, 6:40 PM
    And now the fuse is lit... 25th Sep 17 at 6:40 PM
    Well...

I have a house. And a mortgage. Took years and cost a fortune, as Batman said once.

Don't talk to me about surveys (though this one at "so so" was better than many). Or surveyors (I wouldn't use this one again - seemed scared of ladders). Or vendors (though this one was great). Or estate agents (this one was truly dreadful). Or solicitors (though this one was great).

I don't suppose this diary is going to be much about finances or mortgages, because let's face it, apart from a little kerfuffle once a month (when I get paid) nothing much seems to happen. It'll probably just being rude about things, and encouraging others to be rude too...

Welcome aboard the mortgage diary. Hopefully it will be an express elevator to hell - going down!

Twenty five years seems a long time otherwise...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Page 3
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Oct 17, 10:19 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    You know you're rural when a couple of cows are craning their necks from behind their fence, trying to see what you're up to in your dining room...
    Originally posted by ZTD
    Dining room~~posh.
    I sit at my kitchen table
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 18th Oct 17, 10:21 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    Anyway. Happy shiny new diary.
    You kept that very quiet.
    Have you got a spending diary
    Where is your SOA

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 18th Oct 17, 10:42 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    Mine does that too
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I also managed to run out of washer/wiper fluid today. Shows a little animated fountain out of more pleading pixels. I have no idea how I managed to run out though. The bottle is huge and lasts me years...

Dining room~~posh.
    I sit at my kitchen table
    I have one of those too - though I won't be putting it in the kitchen. May be using it as a work table as it's a bit gouged at this stage in its life.

Anyway. Happy shiny new diary.
    Thank you.

You kept that very quiet.
    Seek and ye shall find...

Have you got a spending diary

Where is your SOA
    Ah...you don't want that... You'd only go if I said I've spent £891.80 in Asda so far this financial year - and £716.38 at Amazon...

This is the first - and probably the last - year that I'm being organised...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • silverwhistle
    • By silverwhistle 18th Oct 17, 11:57 PM
    • 1,646 Posts
    • 2,175 Thanks
    silverwhistle
    Came back to this house in the dark last night. Met a cow. For such a large creature, they're damn near invisible as matt black against an unlit hedge.
    Originally posted by ZTD
    Meeting them at speed can be serious. I was on holiday in Ireland and went to play in a music session in the pub. Next time they held it one of the locals wasn't there, killed hitting a cow on one of County Clare's little lanes. Mind you, he may well have been slightly anaethetised and going a lick, which is why I was glad to be staying in the village.
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 19th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    Meeting them at speed can be serious.
    Originally posted by silverwhistle
    Absolutely! They're rather heavy - a good fraction of what a car weighs - with a rather poor NCAP rating...

I was on holiday in Ireland and went to play in a music session in the pub. Next time they held it one of the locals wasn't there, killed hitting a cow on one of County Clare's little lanes. Mind you, he may well have been slightly anaethetised and going a lick,
    To be honest, if you're going any faster than it can run away, you're going to be in trouble. Because of the way they're built, if you hit them, a normal car takes their legs from under them, then half a ton of bone and muscle slides up the bonnet, through the windscreen and through your face.

That's Bad News Bears right there...

which is why I was glad to be staying in the village.
    I'm usually pretty careful driving round here, though the more usual (though lesser) danger is sheep. They give really dirty looks if you nearly run them over...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 19th Oct 17, 7:12 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    Webpage which made me laugh...

https://www.england.nhs.uk/about/regional-area-teams/

...can anyone see why?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 19th Oct 17, 11:22 PM
    • 4,522 Posts
    • 11,930 Thanks
    Butti
    But counting to five is such an overrated skill!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (2/15N )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB NSD June 2/7
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 20th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    But counting to five is such an overrated skill!
    Originally posted by Butti
    That's such a true comment, I've decided to give it 5 stars.

OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 20th Oct 17, 8:03 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    That's such a true comment, I've decided to give it 5 stars.

Originally posted by ZTD

Have a good weekend Mr Z

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 20th Oct 17, 11:00 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD

Have a good weekend Mr Z
    You too - and remember to hold onto your hat over the weekend...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 21st Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    So, I've splashed out on a new mug which decrys fake news and proclaims the facts in the most accurate detail...

OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Oct 17, 5:21 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    So, I've splashed out on a new mug which decrys fake news and proclaims the facts in the most accurate detail...

Originally posted by ZTD
    Thats you to a T.
    Where's mine

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Oct 17, 5:26 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    There has been no wind here by the way!!

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 21st Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    Thats you to a T.
    Where's mine
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 21st Oct 17, 7:21 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    There has been no wind here by the way!!
    It was slightly blustery here, but it'll have been hyped up beyond all recognition as per usual. You can normally tell when that's about to happen as they start stalking about "gusts" rather than sustained wind speeds.

We do seem to hype up weather really badly these days. The Americans have "Hurricane Irma" and we have "Stiff Breeze Stephanie".
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 21st Oct 17, 8:45 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    It was slightly blustery here, but it'll have been hyped up beyond all recognition as per usual. You can normally tell when that's about to happen as they start stalking about "gusts" rather than sustained wind speeds.

We do seem to hype up weather really badly these days. The Americans have "Hurricane Irma" and we have "Stiff Breeze Stephanie".
    Originally posted by ZTD

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 22nd Oct 17, 2:49 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    For some reason, during an interlude on utoob I ended up here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6zcir-IFdM
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 23rd Oct 17, 9:46 AM
    • 28,045 Posts
    • 154,149 Thanks
    Karmacat

In other news ...

like beanie, I'm wondering why I didn't get a gilt-edged invitation to your diary

Congratulations on your purchase, Z!
    Retired August 2016
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd Oct 17, 6:44 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes, indeed Karmcat.
    & I thought we were friends

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 23rd Oct 17, 7:46 PM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 40,569 Thanks
    ZTD
    like beanie, I'm wondering why I didn't get a gilt-edged invitation to your diary
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Well you know me...not a great one for formality or such things. Open to all...

Congratulations on your purchase, Z!
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Thank you.

Yes, indeed Karmcat.
    & I thought we were friends
    You found it!
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

843Posts Today

6,570Users online

Martin's Twitter