Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nextonal
    • By Nextonal 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 30Thanks
    Nextonal
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B 4th Oct 17 at 1:24 PM
    Update: This is now live nationwide, switching to Clydesdale, Yorkshire Bank or 'B'

Hello,

First post here though I do lurk elsewhere in the forums and thought I'd post this up having bypassed this yesterday. Yorkshire Bank have recently opened a new colourful branch on New Street, Birmingham and as a result are offering a generous £250 to switch.

As the title suggests, the offer is subject to switchers who set up their account in the Birmingham branch only. Apologies if already submitted or is in the wrong forum area.

Full T&Cs here: XXX.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

Note: T&Cs suggest that the offer may be withdrawn at any time so those who wish to take up the offer might want to move fast.
    Last edited by Nextonal; 24-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Page 32
    • Curls2208
    • By Curls2208 13th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Curls2208
    So I finally heard from them today regarding my switch....
    If you remember from my previous posts I originally applied around 26th October.

they wanted me to provide proof of address....useful!

So I've done that...on the phone I asked about the incentive and she 'put a note on for me.'

I'm not sure what that means and if I'll actually get it but we shall see.

Thing is I'll have to move my 3 % tesco account which I quite like ATM...it would be a shame to lose that and not gain the incentive....but then again a new bank will probably offer one in the next 6 months anyway, so I'd move the Tesco account then.

I'll report back when they actually move my account and If i ever see the money
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 14th Nov 17, 7:12 AM
    • 439 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    I'm assuming, given the rest of their system (!!!), that Yorkshire/Clydsdale don't operate any kind of "pre-approved" system for getting a proper account/credit card etc........??
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/2015
    Capital One - Jul 2016, £3,750 Never ending 0%....
    Aqua Reward (0.5% Cashback) - Nov 2016 - £1,950
    Vanquis Chrome 24.7% - July 2017, £1,000
    Car Loan - Sept 2017 - £15k outstanding, early settlement = £10k....
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 14th Nov 17, 7:54 AM
    • 493 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    RG2015
    Thing is I'll have to move my 3 % tesco account which I quite like ATM...it would be a shame to lose that and not gain the incentive....but then again a new bank will probably offer one in the next 6 months anyway, so I'd move the Tesco account then.
    Originally posted by Curls2208
    Many people would have opened a new bank account to switch from. This way you would not need to close your Tesco account
    • macman
    • By macman 14th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 41,351 Posts
    • 17,001 Thanks
    macman
    Please could anyone clarify the conditions for the requirement to pay in the second amount of £1K? Is it following the 31 days after the date of the switch (e.g. on days 32 to 62), or within 31 days of the date of the first £1K transfer (e.g. days 2 to 33, if you made the 1st transfer on the first day after the switch).
    Or, to put it another way, does there need to be a minimum of 31 days between the two transfers?
    The T and C's as set out are slightly ambiguous in this respect.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • clivep
    • By clivep 14th Nov 17, 10:30 AM
    • 181 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    clivep
    Please could anyone clarify the conditions for the requirement to pay in the second amount of £1K? Is it following the 31 days after the date of the switch (e.g. on days 32 to 62), or within 31 days of the date of the first £1K transfer (e.g. days 2 to 33, if you made the 1st transfer on the first day after the switch).
    Or, to put it another way, does there need to be a minimum of 31 days between the two transfers?
    The T and C's as set out are slightly ambiguous in this respect.
    Originally posted by macman
    I'm not sure if anyone here can clarify this as previous posts on this thread indicate a difference of opinion.

My feeling is that it's the former of these (i.e. on days 32 to 62) but I'd suggest doing it on a day that meets both conditions or making a third deposit (as I'll be doing) just to make sure.

It's also unclear whether on not funds transferred as part of the switch or deposited later on the day of the switch count towards the £1000 in the 31 days following the switch.
    • Nicholas
    • By Nicholas 14th Nov 17, 10:55 AM
    • 464 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    Nicholas
    I would say that it is £1000 in the first 31 days and then a further £1000 in the second 31 day period.

This would make sense because the direct debit criteria is setup and payment in the first 62 days.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Nov 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 2,439 Thanks
    harz99

It's also unclear whether on not funds transferred as part of the switch or deposited later on the day of the switch count towards the £1000 in the 31 days following the switch.
    Originally posted by clivep

We did our applications in branch and that was a question I asked.

The answer was a definite NO, and TBH that has been the same for all incentivised switches we have done so far.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 14th Nov 17, 2:12 PM
    • 4,571 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    KTF
    No as in you have to put the 1k in the day after the switch has been completed?
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 14th Nov 17, 3:15 PM
    • 3,802 Posts
    • 37,727 Thanks
    Katiehound
    My account switched today
    You've got 31 days in which to feed the account with £1K.
    So, if you put £1k in on Nov 20th, you put £1k in on Dec 20th.
    Bingo

No, money that was in the a/c at switch does not count

I don't understand why (nearly) everyone is getting hot under the collar- that's what other T&Cs have wanted in the past but they have worded it differently ie each month credit your account with £x.
    I suppose the difference here is that for the nice little bonus you only have to do it twice as opposed to indefinitely........
    Last edited by Katiehound; 14-11-2017 at 3:17 PM.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • tempus_fugit
    • By tempus_fugit 14th Nov 17, 4:08 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    tempus_fugit
    Originally posted by clivep
    I think this was cleared up earlier. The funds transferred as part of the switch do NOT count for one of the two £1,000 deposits required for the switch bonus.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and it's forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Nov 17, 5:00 PM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 2,439 Thanks
    harz99
    Cheeky B's at Clydesdale locked me out and blocked the 2nd transfer of two £500 transfers out in two consecutive days! Got some bull or other on the phone about it was precautionary because it was a new account ..... blah, blah!

"I'll just put you through to the Fraud Team". Fraud Team? Jeez, I bet they are going to be busy with our forum members in the next few weeks! Sorted now.

I said I hoped this wouldn't happen again if I did a similar series of transactions in the near future ..... muttering under my breath "like in 31 days!"
    Originally posted by Bobblehat

Just had the same thing happen to my wife. We just received her token today, registered it then used it to change the date on a Standing Order which worked okay, then tried to move £1000 out to another bank only for it to refuse and message to ring 0800 121 4253 which I assume is the fraud team.

Oh well, that's tomorrow mornings job now!
    • roxy28
    • By roxy28 14th Nov 17, 5:04 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    roxy28
    My account switched today
    You've got 31 days in which to feed the account with £1K.
    So, if you put £1k in on Nov 20th, you put £1k in on Dec 20th.
    Bingo
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    Thats 100% as i see it as well but the second payment could be dec 20/21/22 as long as its before the full 62 days since the switch.
    Last edited by roxy28; 14-11-2017 at 5:06 PM.
    • NathanMorgan
    • By NathanMorgan 14th Nov 17, 6:42 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    NathanMorgan
    Iíve set up 2 new DDís to come out on the 1st of each month on my new B account, how long does it take for it to show up on my online/desktop banking as itís been 3 days now and still nothing showing up?
    • Curls2208
    • By Curls2208 14th Nov 17, 11:44 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Curls2208
    Many people would have opened a new bank account to switch from. This way you would not need to close your Tesco account
    Originally posted by RG2015
    I quite simply do not have enough direct debits to open another bank account. Most need 2, some need 3 or even 4. I'd end up losing all money I'm gaining from direct debits going out!
    • GingerFurball
    • By GingerFurball 15th Nov 17, 2:03 AM
    • 945 Posts
    • 892 Thanks
    GingerFurball
    Anyone else had an issue where it's taken them 3 weeks to decide whether to even offer an account?
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
    • meer53
    • By meer53 15th Nov 17, 9:04 AM
    • 8,943 Posts
    • 12,982 Thanks
    meer53
    Anyone else had an issue where it's taken them 3 weeks to decide whether to even offer an account?
    Originally posted by GingerFurball
    My account opened within about 15 mins ? Have you called them ?
    • luckbox
    • By luckbox 15th Nov 17, 10:19 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    luckbox
    My transfer went through this morning as agreed. My plan is just to pay the £1k in on payday (21st) this month and next, so will meet the t&c doing that easily enough and the DDs are set up from the transfer.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 15th Nov 17, 11:06 AM
    • 493 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    RG2015
    Originally posted by RG2015
    I quite simply do not have enough direct debits to open another bank account. Most need 2, some need 3 or even 4. I'd end up losing all money I'm gaining from direct debits going out!
    There are also many bank accounts that do not require any direct debits
    • harz99
    • By harz99 15th Nov 17, 11:13 AM
    • 2,492 Posts
    • 2,439 Thanks
    harz99
    Another 10 minutes of life wasted waiting for the fraud team and answering questions to get the account unblocked.

From what was said and the way it was done, I guess lots of people are having the same thing when they first try to move money or set up new beneficiaries. Certainly working for this switch bonus!
    • gravel
    • By gravel 15th Nov 17, 2:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gravel
    Hi, after prolonged wait I was approved for account and got my account details today.

Silly question, how do you switch? Login on youandb is broken at the moment and I was advised yesterday by B that I have to instruct switch by 17th to still qualify for the bonus. Have never switched an account so unsure how/where to do it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,433Posts Today

9,314Users online

Martin's Twitter