Husband has left work, they have deducted all his wages!

2»

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    laursi090 wrote: »
    Hiya BobQ - thanks for your reply. We rang a tribunal today but they have told us we need to contact Acas first, does this sound about right?

They are going to phone us back asap.

Trouble is all this doesnt help with the distress and lack of money around christmas time :(

Hi

You have done the right thing in trying to negotiate with his former employer to get to the bottom of the matter. If you have put your request for the outstanding wages in writing and they do not respond then an application to an Employment Tribunal can be be made (on form ET1 ) on the grounds that your husband has suffered an unauthorised deduction from his wages. There is usually a three month time limit for making a claim to an employment tribunal. The time limit starts from the date when the deduction was made.

The factsheet below ( employer withhold your pay )explains the law in respect of this situation. Your local CAb should also be able to give your husband you guidance on the process and on filling it in /checking the exact amount outstanding. They may also be able to negotiate with your employer to resolve the issue without the need to go to an ET, so would suggest that you visit them for help with this. If it has to go to an ET it won't get resolved very quickly so it is worth a visit to your local CAB to see if they can intervene directly on your husbands behalf

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_factsheets.htm
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure