PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    Differently a NSD for me, some b******d has cloned my bank card and stolen all my money . . . again! :eek: :mad:
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kaz,

Do you use blockbusters?? I always use my Tesco clubcard vouchers for free rentals. I think £12 in vouchers get you 12 rentals - something along those lines.

I also use the Nescafe beans (hubby won't use anything else) to get free blockbuster rentals too....

There is a thread on here that gives a free 3 month trial to Lovefilm... ohh just found a different one to the one i was looking for but still the same thing
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=12499341&highlight=lovefilm+code#post12499341

I've used all of these methods for years and I've not had to pay for a DVD rental for a long time!!

HTH
    Moo x
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• galadriel
    galadriel Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Wendy, hugs to you, hope you get it sorted soon, it is a horrible feeling. It happened to me a couple of years ago, luckily the bank sorted it out pretty quickly and replaced my money.
  • galadriel
    galadriel Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    fluffysox wrote: »
    Anyway- we have a couple of apple trees in our back garden. The apples are a little sharp on one of the trees but quite sweet on the other, smaller tree.
    I was thinking of making either bags of stewed apple, to freeze and use over time or freezing chopped apple and stewing later. Advice please experts- I'm clueless how to even make stewed apple:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Or does anyone know how to make apple sauce/ apple jelly suitable for roast pork. I have cinnamon sticks in the cupboard and a few empty jars on the shelf. How long would these last- indefinitely like jam?
    Last question- when should I harvest the apples, August, September?
    Hoping somebody can give me some help- would hate to see the apples go to waste.
    For apple sauce I just peel, core and slice the apple, add a splash of water and microwave for a few minutes. My recipe book says add sugar and butter when cooked but my lot are happy with my slimline version, DD won't have a roast dinner without apple sauce whatever the meat. If I am lucky enough to get some windfalls I stew them in a pan and then freeze in small portions, sorry not sure about keeping in jars.

To stew my recipe book says add 3 tabs water to 11b apples and cook gently until soft and pulpy, then mash to a puree, add 2 teasp sugar. 1/2 oz butter and a pinch of salt.
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    galadriel wrote: »
    Oh Wendy, hugs to you, hope you get it sorted soon, it is a horrible feeling. It happened to me a couple of years ago, luckily the bank sorted it out pretty quickly and replaced my money.

Yeah thats what the helpline woman said just have to wait, but it was bill and rent money :mad: so I'm terribly skint and behind with rent now. Just going to phone them.
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Luckily I had only the flowers to pay for yesterday....I buy one red & three yellow roses for M&FIL [& my dad's] birthday/crimbo cuz the offspring's dad is one of five children & the vases at the cemetary get full rather quickly. Still--£6 for four long-stem roses seems very reasonable & something that I don't begrudge paying for:o

Today's dinner is a spin on chicken pasta bake, using a cooked turkey casserole I found in the freezer. Pup will have something that could well be kidneys, defrosting as we speak:p so looks very much like another NSD grocery wise.

Can I be an absolute PITA Zoe & ask if you could tell me how much your cups of ingredients actually weigh? I get really confused with US vs UK cups, & now there's an antipodean version to factor in :doh:plus trying to work out grammes on my ancient imperial scales........Why do we have to have progress:undecided :laugh:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Wendy I was writing my post so didn't see yours:o What an absolute bar steward of a world we live in these days......hope the little g-i-t gets their modem fried:mad:
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popped on after finishing July GC.16 pages and August hasn't begun yet,eeek!
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wendywitch wrote: »
    Differently a NSD for me, some b******d has cloned my bank card and stolen all my money . . . again! :eek: :mad:
    (((((((Wendywitch))))))) Hope the bank sorts things out for you, what a world we live in, I wish this sort of thing would happen to the people that did it every once in a while, may make them think, but again maybe not. Never had this happen to me, and pray to goodness it never does. You have my sympathies and good wishes, take care hon.
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Rachelmk, I cant help with the burgers as I'm veggie too - can your OH not eat veggie too sometimes?:confused:
    Floxxie, I had no idea you could pay for OU with Tesco points! :T How does it work? Does anyone know if this is just a Tesco thing or if other supermarkets do this? Our local is Sains but my mum's is Tesco. I am hoping to study a Masters in Education and this could make it possible! TIA.
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business