PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Let's get back to OS and MoneySaving everyone :)

Morning everyone :)

Let's consider the start of a brand new, December, week, a new page turned.

Some people have made suggestions about other threads eg OS achievements. If that's something you want to do, go for it, it's entirely up to you. This should be a friendly, fun, board so let's everyone try to keep it that way.

Thank you!

And now it's December we can say it... Merry Christmas :)
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I keep coming back to look at this and still I dont know what you are asking us to do, post. whatever,, my own feeling is that I cannot come back to OS since I have never left it
    Slimming World at target
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've only just seen this! I don't look at the stickies much :o

Andrea - perhaps you could start off the new thread with (I forget whose grandchild it was :o:o:o:o) hers as the first post?

Then we can all add to it,,, and if it isn't popular, it will just drop down the pages into history!

Merry Christmas to you, the team and everybody that makes the OS Board the special place it is :)

x
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Do mean a clean sweep and fresh start for new year???
    I'm up for that as lost my way a bit over last one!
    :A :j
  • M.E.
    M.E. Posts: 680
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just a thought for those of us who have a mountain of clutter, lots of collected carp, (hence carpe diem.. seize the day.. or carp die!), stuffed drawers, dusty sills and never get around to doing anything about it (hence a daily round tuit!)
    how about having a progress report on one specific micro-mini-project that takes less than 15 minutes. Before and after photos even better.

It is ONE SPECIFIC PROJECT PER DAY

January 1st .... The handbag or trooser pocket!

Empty everything out onto tray. Discard absolute rubbish, crumbs, car park tickets, sweet wrappers etc
    Cut up out of date tickets, plastic cards etc throw away manky tissues etc etc
    Test the pen or pencil.. keep one that works and doesn't leak... discard out of date tokens, put this year's diary in, throw out last year's diary,
    well you have the idea....
    Then come back on here and update us about your Round Tuit and what you have thrown away.
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    What's OS?
  • StarLight
    StarLight Posts: 29 Forumite
    When sorting out my Father in laws things we found a little dish with the following printed on it;

At long last, we have sufficient quantity for each of you to have his own.

GUARD IT WELL!

These Tuits have been hard to come by. Especially the round ones. A ROUND TUIT. This is an indispensable item. It will help you become a much more efficient worker. For years we have heard people say "I'll do this when I get round tuit." Now that you have a round tuit of your very own, many things that have needed to be accomplished will get done.

My father in law retired when he was 60 and is now 92. He still doesn't manage to get round tuit! Bless him.

Great idea by the way M.E.

DPJames O.S. means Old Style

Happy New Year!
    #7 20p Savings Club 2013
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    M.E. wrote: »
    Just a thought for those of us who have a mountain of clutter, lots of collected carp, (hence carpe diem.. seize the day.. or carp die!), stuffed drawers, dusty sills and never get around to doing anything about it (hence a daily round tuit!)
    how about having a progress report on one specific micro-mini-project that takes less than 15 minutes. Before and after photos even better.

It is ONE SPECIFIC PROJECT PER DAY

January 1st .... The handbag or trooser pocket!

Empty everything out onto tray. Discard absolute rubbish, crumbs, car park tickets, sweet wrappers etc
    Cut up out of date tickets, plastic cards etc throw away manky tissues etc etc
    Test the pen or pencil.. keep one that works and doesn't leak... discard out of date tokens, put this year's diary in, throw out last year's diary,
    well you have the idea....
    Then come back on here and update us about your Round Tuit and what you have thrown away.

Love this, after reading last night I sat and tipped out my handbag on the coffee table, binned a great deal of old grocery receipts three dried up pens , two events leaflets ( from last summer) packet of old boiled sweets, 2 empty deodorant sprays. Turned bag inside out and gave it a good shake outside to get rid of crumbs etc, gave it a good wipe all over with baby wipe.

Result one tidy sweet smelling bag.

Am thinking now I can do the same with drawers, starting in the bathroom on drawer a day,then movimg onto bedroom then kitchen,a total of 16 drawers, thats me sorted for the net two weeks then.
    Slimming World at target
  • M.E.
    Forumite
    January 1st .... The handbag
    Well I tipped mine out onto a tray. Even defluffed the various side pockets. Ate the evidence of a boiled sweet! Defluffed the mini-hairbrush. Threw away twelve out-of-date vouchers, that I would never have used anyway. Threw away four in-date vouchers that I won't use plus a loyalty coffee card for an obscure coffee shop that I can't remember going to!
    Checked my plastic cards. Cut up three that had expired and had got the replacement cards.
    Threw away my 2012 diary... transferred phone numbers to my computer and or phone. Transferred 2013 dates into my new small 2013 diary, which I bought especially as it fits inside one pocket of my bag.
    Checked the pen and it works! Removed three pen tops! Removed poppy and poppy pin (stabbing my finger in the process), threw away manky tissues and put a small new packet in...
    OOOOO1... That is so much nicer - and only took 5 minutes!
    My first Round Tuit!
  • M.E.
    Forumite
    January 2nd - Kitchen window sill
    Well, my second Round Tuit was when I made tea this morning. I cleared the kitchen window sill of : a vase of dead flowers, a gross lump of green candle wax from the Christmas Candle that escaped onto the dining room table: a watering can: little glass pots: empty jam jars: washing up liquid.
    I took photos, but they wouldn't transfer here. I even cleaned the inside of the window.
    All items have been put back in their proper place or binned, composted.
    I'm chuffed.

00002 - My second Round Tuit
  • I've just come across this and disappointed that it hasn't gone beyond January 2nd as it's a great idea. I've just done jan 1st and jan 2nd together but we need more ideas and, as I'm not an ideas person, we need some people who are.......
    £5 per day challenge
    Grocery Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family