A 7000 pound loan

dumpyboy
dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
I have 2 long term arrangement to pay had a few defaults all paid apart from one which will be paid back in September in full the last defaulted account will removed from my file on the 2 nd of June what are my chances of finding a company that would give me a 7000 pound loan to clear the arrangements after June one arrangement I pay 21 per cent and the other 12 .9 per cent interest on

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Im afraid no 1 can say what your chances are, what matters to lenders is what is on your credit file.
  • dumpyboy
    edited 19 April 2014 at 7:07PM
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Im afraid no 1 can say what your chances are, what matters to lenders is what is on your credit file.

People on here do not like the world blacklisting but when you end up with an arrangement on your credit file it feels like it for a lifetime reading other forums on here I see people that had defaults and even gone bankrupt a long time after my troubles started get better deals and credit cards and bank accounts then I could ever dream about
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bankruptcy can linger on for many years though.

If an insurer or job application ask have you ever been bankrupt then you need to answer yes which may affect your position.

Never seen a form that asked have you ever missed any payments or defaulted in the past 20 years.

I was close to it myself. But i made a F&F one chance only offer and luckily they accepted.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• dumpyboy
    Yes it just feels that the last 2 accounts are no closer to being sorted out over 7 years after starting a dmp and over 3 of it really finishing seems to be worse as you see people move on and you still there struggling
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Taking out another loan won't really get you to the finish line any sooner though. Try joining some of the challenges over on the Debt Free Wannabe board to throw some extra money at your debts. Just remember that one day your name with be on the debt free honour roll. :j
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    dumpyboy wrote: »
    Yes it just feels that the last 2 accounts are no closer to being sorted out over 7 years after starting a dmp and over 3 of it really finishing seems to be worse as you see people move on and you still there struggling

Are you paying a fee for a company to manage your DMP? Is yes then you need to switch to having one of the debt charities help with this which will cost you nothing and all your payments will go towards repaying your debt with no fees taken out.
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure