• drawle
    drawle Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! I'm going to phone them again now. I will let you know how I get on

:)
  • drawle
    drawle Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I said I wanted details of all the charges that have been applied to my account since it was opened and he said thats fine, he will send them. And the good news for me is it wont cost me a penny! Good old Halifax.

And thanks to Edinburghlass for her help ;)
  • sianb84
    sianb84 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know??
  • LizzyBee
    Options
    You could try but you also need to know if there has been any manual intervention on your account before you claim. If you don't confirm this before you proceed the bank could bring it up IF you go to court.

Hope this helps

Lizzy
    Rise, like lions after slumber
    In unvanquishable number!
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you:
    Ye are many - they are few!

(P. B. Shelley, 'The Masque of Anarchy', 1819)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Also the bank could charge you per statement as the above posts. You need to quote from Martin's letter as in post 21.
  • Altyoasis
    Options
    I have had a lot of expensive charges applied to my bank accounts over the last 6 years and in light of recent publicity I want to claim them all back. However, as two of the bank accounts have now been closed I no longer have any of the bank statements from that period. I tried contacting both parties and they advised me that in order to obtain copies of my bank statements I would have to pay for them. First Direct told me it would cost £2.50 PER STATEMENT and this would add up to quite a hefty sum of money over the course of time my account was open. Are they allowed to charge me for such information? They both seem to want to make life as difficult as possible for me - as if the huge bank charges were not enough they now want to charge me for bank statements! What can I do to get this information without having to pay lots of money out?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    If you ask for copy statements all of the banks are entitled to charge per statement, you need to quote Martin's letter and ask for the list of your charges or if they prefer in the form of statements under the DPA for £10 in total.

• CharlieWales
    Options
    Hi I hav recently been charged £216 by Barclaycard for sending me statements dating back 6years....is this illegal? What is the best tactic to get these charges back? Any help would be greatly appreciated as they keep calling me as the charge took my account over limit so have been charged £24 a month for late payment and overlimit fee for the past two months....once again any help would be great....thanks
  • DevonLad21
    Options
    You have to ask for a list of CHARGES on your account under the DPA for a max fee of £10 - if you asked for all statments over the last 6 years then they can charge whatever is in there T's & C's which you agreed to when you opened the account. Halifax eas £5 per statment. Not sure how much Barclays charge per statment. :)

I doubt you would get this fee back now the statments have already been sent out :(
  • ashsmith
    Options
    Please could someone clarify if you should send £10 per account requiring interest information, or just £10 per letter

many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport