Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Comments

• And has anyone else noticed that its the companies which pay the least which are the strictist on when they want the report back to them. I reckon they get let down a lot because if a better paid job comes up then they are likely to be let down.
  • brooke3
    brooke3 Posts: 197 Forumite
    mamashaz wrote: »
    SHOPPING CENTRES and TOY SHOPS on RA
    BEDS on RE/MF

Thanks for the alert mimi but aren't these fees shocking? I accepted a bed job and failed the test because I just assumed there was a reimbursement, as previously. Glad I failed because there is no way I am going to do it for that amount.

The fee is terrible! I can't believe people actually work for those fees. I wonder how much MF get paid to carry out the shops and what per centage actually gets passed onto the shopper.

Does anyone do any work for Coyle? I'm doing my first job for them next week and I'm a bit nervous because they sound so strict.
  • N.I.M
    N.I.M Posts: 2,248 Forumite
    I'm kind of surprised the fees and reimbursements from MF havn't plumeted. The new owners will have borrowed to buy it and they'll need to pay it back sooner rather than later.
    This was 6 months out of date so I've changed it.
    :j:j:j:j
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    N.I.M wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised the fees and reimbursements from MF havn't plumeted. The new owners will have borrowed to buy it and they'll need to pay it back sooner rather than later.

There really wasn't much lower they could go was there?
    Jobs are sticking now if they reduce fees further they will not get them done.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mamashaz wrote: »
    SHOPPING CENTRES and TOY SHOPS on RA
    BEDS on RE/MF

Thanks for the alert mimi but aren't these fees shocking? I accepted a bed job and failed the test because I just assumed there was a reimbursement, as previously. Glad I failed because there is no way I am going to do it for that amount.

I know barbz, but to each their own. The beds tend to get snapped up quite fast near me. I guess if someone is really short of cash, they will do them at that rate.

Again with the RA rates, someone swiped a toy shop with a fee so low I would not even get a leg out of bed for.
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Well done weeg and Big Graeme. Two thumbs up.

And two fingers up to Retail Active. Second week in a row, named and shamed.

If someone wants to PM me the assignment fee and reimburssment, I'll happily stick it on here. I don't work for them anymore, so don't give a Tommy Tit.

Retail Active, you could suck golf balls through a garden hose.
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Word of warning. When doing travel agents, the ones where you have to give your real name, address etc. They hold your details on record, and can see when you've made enquiries, where for and in which stores. So doing three in one day is going to raise alarm bells.
  • DPJames wrote: »
    Word of warning. When doing travel agents, the ones where you have to give your real name, address etc. They hold your details on record, and can see when you've made enquiries, where for and in which stores. So doing three in one day is going to raise alarm bells.

I'm not sure which MS co you're referring to, but I had this problem when I visited the student one for MF back in January. I think someone added something to my 'record' after one of my previous visits last year - as soon as the MOS looked my name up on the system, she started behaving really weirdly and when she went to get my printout, was accompanied back by a colleague to sit with her and make notes :o
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My crazy GR holiday woman is still calling me even though I have told her I am not going on a holiday anymore. She phoned me today and asked if I had changed my mind. That's about 10 calls and about 5 emails now.

Do you think I would be OK to tell her I was the mystery shopper and to stop harrassing me? I might have to contact GR tomorrow and see what they say.
  • DPJames wrote: »

Did you do the Durham one for GR?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport