Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    **swoons at pretty little goats** :j:j:j Thanks!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • :) swoons some more!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Hello:-)

Been lurking a while and thought I would pop in to say hello and subscribe.

And if you like a wee drink before bed, can I reccomend a hot chocolate topped up with amarula...:beer:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    :hello: hello astoryandasong, what a cheerful name :) Glad you popped up to say hello, do stay and chat :j Hot choc and amarula does indeed sound utterly scrummy :D

Goats were very cute :j :j One had got itself under a table and looked like it couldn't quite get out but didn't want to admit it :rotfl: (don't worry, when we walked past in the other direction it was wandering about!)

Bought a red and black checked Red Herring dress (with the £39 price tag still on) for £3.50 :money: How come people give stuff like that away?! Shocking!

We planned lunch in their cafe but 'cafe' wasn't really the word - literally just 50p tea and a few chocolate bars :rotfl: Not that I'm averse to chocolate for lunch... :o Had eggs on toast when we got home.

Sun's still shining so I'm off out to do something with the garden. More lilac to cut down, more willow to dig up, and I need to do a bit of plant shopping over the weekend I think to bung some relatively low maintenance things in :j

Then I might venture a go on the steamer later :eek: Exciting times... :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Sounds good, Cheery!

**waves at astoryandasong**

**looks sternly at computer mouse and decides to copy Cheery in the garden for ten minutes**
  • Cheery_Daff
    Ooh, hope you got outside too KC :j I did, although there's not much to show for my efforts :o Cut down some more lilac but someone else's car is parked under the last big bit so I'm not going to risk that :eek: Also had a nice chat with the old fella over the road :j and cut up some of the more unwieldy bits of lilac to fit in the car.

Some of the remaining willow has got catkins on for the first time :j so i've lopped a bit off to come inside :j Very jolly :j

Must start thinking about tea - can't just have ANOTHER takeaway! :eek: :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Yep, I just managed it before it got dark, that bit is definitely looking a bit better. I'm going to sweep aside the leaves/twigs etc, put some topsoil on, and sweep the leaves/twigs back, then put bark chippings on top - can't have all this grass everywhere again :o

And you had catkins from your very own willow! Thats very good :j:j:j

All the work is for later, tho - unless its tipping down, I'm off to Kew in the country in a little while :) Have a good one yourself :T
  • Cheery_Daff
    Catkins are indeed super cheery - I brought some in for the kitchen windowsill :j Glad you got outside too, and Kew in the Country! Sounds very jolly :j

We went to the pictures last night - saw Kingsman, which was surprisingly enjoyable :rotfl:

Been to the community garden this morning, and wheelbarrowed a load of stuff to the allotment. Worn out now! Just scoffing leftovers (we didn't have another takeaway :rotfl: ) and then I'm off to the tip :j POssibly twice, looking at the amount of stuff :eek:

Mr Cheery is out tonight so I'm going to have a good clean up of the servicable areas - very easy to let things get a bit overwhelming round here at the minute :eek:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Those Goats are sooo cute. Wish I could watch the goatcam. May try later on laptop! You are being so productive lately. I really must take a page out of your book. I haven't done anything in the house for ages. Will give myself a stern talking to!,
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Tried the goatcam from the lappy but no luck :( - boo hoo - they are so cute!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport