Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Wow - amazingly bargainacious party dress! Well done! :):D x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 September 2014 at 9:50PM
    Recruitment hadn't received a form so it was re-sent by manager and they confirmed they had it Friday. It needs actioning now though and time frame was vague. The last 2 weeks have been wasted really.

Have been in touch with new manager though and I'm going on some training so it feels a bit more real. Just want to get stuck in and get started now.

Planned childcare for DS for next month, it makes such a difference him only being there 2 or 3 days a week. That along with enhanced weekend pay means some serious money saving!

Going to have a cheeky weigh in tomorrow to assess weekend damage. Apart from wine I've pretty much stayed on plan.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Things progressing better with the job offer paper trail! I am travelling to head office next week so things get processed a bit quicker. Now that is dedication! Fingers crossed that in 5-6 weeks I will be in my fab new role. :j

Have a really busy week ahead with training and commuting on top of my full time job!

Have done financials a day early as I am too impatient and all commitments paid for the month. Bit disappointed to have only reduced WIOTW by £588 as it doesn't seem much at all?

Plan for this evening is to relax as it's been a hectic few days and work is exhausting!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :naughty: £588 is a LOT cath, don't put your efforts down! Well done :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Better than £588 up :j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • CathT
    References have been requested! Maybe I haven't imagined the whole thing after all :D

Had a fab day of training yesterday, back in job today and more training thurs and Friday which has left me without a day off!

Have mega guilt I am working DS birthday, DH has booked the day off and will take him out for the day but juggling everything at the moment is pretty challenging!
  • CathT
    Have a long day ahead today as on a course miles away! Will ask DH to do a small food shop to get us through the weekend and find a present for DS birthday, we are only getting him two gifts to open, may sound mean to some but he is 3 years old and doesn't need anything!

Reward money in account so will shuffle round a bit later.
  • CathT
    Money shuffled, not very exciting when there's not much! Some cheery figures to boost my efforts....

have paid £2380 off 0% credit card since March! They were at their peak then and have steadily come down.

A local carpet company have an offer on this month for 20% off. I am extremely tempted to get a new hall, stairs and landing carpet even though I wanted to wait until we had new bathroom. Can't afford that for ages though and our carpet is pretty shabby! We have been here 10 years and it wasn't a new carpet then. May get a quote and see if it it's feasible, it would certainly cheer up the house!
  • A new stairs carpet makes ALL the difference, especially when its the first thing you see when you open the front door. A few years ago I changed my stairs and upstairs hall from a burgandy to a cream and it has changed my hall completely.
    Cant wait to get my bathroom and kitchen done (only have 3 years :$ left before I have paid off and saved for a year to get it all done :) )
    MFW 16 No 33
    2016 OP Paid/Target 2063/£2063 (100%) COMPLETE
    Mortgage Free - Apr 2016 -DONE!:j
  • CathT
    Thanks Norfolkdream, appointment has been rearranged for later today so all depends on cost.

Am going to start swimming lessons for DS, anyone think he's too young? I don't want to waste money as it is £7.50 for a 30 minute lesson. He is pretty switched on for a just 3 year old. What are your experiences?

Meters readings submitted and usage has been pretty low. Electricity a lot higher due to showers rather than baths but that will change over the winter. Am going to try and use DW a lot less and not fill it with pots that could be easily washed up in 2 minutes! Also as TD is useless (do not buy a washer/dryer!) can be justified in having heating on to dry clothes. Was pretty chilly this morning but something is making me resist switching heating on. We are usually up and out pretty quickly in the morning so a half hour blast should do it when things get desperate! :D

BGa5 have sent my h0mecar3 renewal and it has gone up to almost £17 a month with £50 call out. Am tempted to cancel. Our boiler is 2 years old and sometimes loses pressure but that is easily fixed with a quick search of the manual and on y0utub3.

I just struggled to re-read that paragraph but didn't want to mention companies or sites!! How do the younger ones manage constantly with text speak?

Money news, took £30 cash out last evening, bought a few things from corner shop, put money in birthday card, topped up DD lunch money and it's all gone! :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback