Toluna Discussion (merged)

Comments

• Mags63
    Mags63 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hmm, my OH has had a lot of completely irrelevant surveys sent to him recently, and now he's had an email saying they've banned him because his answers aren't good enough. He's had a lot of surveys where he's answered the screening type questions at the start and then they've carried on asking him about an irrelevant topic anyway - made up example, but it might say 'Did you buy a house in the last 6 months?' and he'll say 'no' and then it will carry on asking about the house he's bought, so he'll have said 'don't know' to every question, expecting to get screened out. Funny how they waited until the day after he requested a voucher to ban him. What are the chances of getting un-banned? He's written to them to ask which surveys have triggered this because their screening process seems to have completely failed lately - he had to use the normal 'contact us' form though and I'm not holding my breath on him getting a reply from that as I never have! Is there a particular person's email address that's best to write to about this? I'm a bit worried as I've had a lot of rubbish surveys like this recently too and I also have just requested a voucher, hope they don't try to delete my account as well!

Hi again - well I received a response today. Toluna have agreed to honour the rewards I had pending - £80 in Amazon evouchers and £40 in Love2Shop vouchers! I am somewhat non-plussed by this. Surely if I had breached any Ts & Cs they would not have paid anything. I am still banned though and in today's response they actually mentioned abuse!! Good grief - I have no clue what on earth they are referring to. So I will reply once again and keep you posted.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad that Toluna are going to pay your rewards and you're not going to lose out.

Best wishes
  • Mags63
    Thankyou Libra. I must say I was very surprised that they are honouring the rewards but I did breathe a sigh of relief.
  • They did the same to my OH - said they would honour his voucher that he's just requested, but that was it. I have heard from a friend that has also had her account deleted on the same day so it looks like they've just had a clear out. My OH asked for details of which surveys he had allegedly 'done wrong' and they didn't answer that, just the copied and pasted response again. I find it very hypocritical to accuse someone of giving rubbish rushed answers and then give a rubbish rushed answer themselves! It would have been a lot better if they had been honest and simply said "we have too many members so we're having a clear out and unfortunately you have been selected as one of the ones to get rid of" rather than accusing people of doing shoddy work. I know it's just the way these things are, but my OH was a bit put out by their email at first as it implied it was his fault and he always puts a lot of effort into surveys. Especially as this was the first we joined back in the day when it was Ciao - must have been over 10 years ago now? Oh well, at least we know now that it's Toluna rather than him!
  • Mags63
    Yes - tell him not to worry. It is Toluna and I agree they have just had a clear out especially after reading some FB comments on the same issue. I have not received those promised rewards yet so I will fire off another email at the end of the week.
  • Is anybody else having trouble with toluna today, can't seem to log in.
  • merrydance wrote: »
    Is anybody else having trouble with toluna today, can't seem to log in.

It's taking a while for me to log in today :think:

ETA: actually it looks like the site might be down. I've tried to log in and it is just going to an error screen after a while (a Toluna one rather than a webpage timed out one, if you know what I mean).
    Every act of kindness, no matter how small, isn’t wasted ❤️
    "It’ll be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright - it’s not the end"
    Every pound we spend is a vote for the sort of world we want

2021 wins - 1
  • Not sure if i am in the right place here. However, i am also having problems with Toluna. I have been unable to log into the site now for approx 2 weeks. In my account i have quite a lot of points as was saving for a Paypal payout? Are you or anyone else able to help me.
    Thank you
  • Hi
    Yes this has been happening to me. Asked for a password change, and they sent me a link. Managed to log in then. Yes I was a bit worried as I have over £50 in various vouchers ready to be paid out. They take an age to do it though.
  • I think the main write up for this site needs to be amended - I have been on this site for months and have NEVER had 15,000 or 50,000 points for a survey its more like 90 to 2,000 points per survey. It takes forever to earn any decent level of points.
    To earn anything decent you need to be on this site 24 hours a day!!
    As soon as I have enough for a cash out I am off the site, I would earn more money at a car boot sale for less time.

Come on MSE get it right!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure