Nationwide Flex Direct Plus.

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    simax wrote: »
    Alright hard!!

I was just wondering if the info was on a website anywhere (or the NW website).

Do you work for them?

I would be sacked within a week if I worked in a bank.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I won't ask :rotfl:

Seriously - I was just seeing if there was any gen out on the net about it that was all..... this account sounds right up my street.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Was I right last month when I said nationwide are bringing out a new interest rate for their current account I believe I was.

Didnt you also say something along the lines that 'banks are taking us all for mugs'...'I'd stay away from banks as my dad told me to invest in property'...'all bank shareholders drive around in gold plated cars'?

Or am I mistaking you for another BugsyBrowne?
  • BugsyBrowne
    I won't ask :rotfl:

Seriously - I was just seeing if there was any gen out on the net about it that was all..... this account sounds right up my street.

That's all I know mate that it will be announced next week and I've also heard this morning that you have go under interview for the upgrade now as to see you are fit for their travel insurance etc and fit the criteria for this account due to packaged accounts miselling.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Didnt you also say something along the lines that 'banks are taking us all for mugs'...'I'd stay away from banks as my dad told me to invest in property'...'all bank shareholders drive around in gold plated cars'?

Or am I mistaking you for another BugsyBrowne?

There's only one BugsyBrowne OP.
  • simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's all I know mate that it will be announced next week and I've also heard this morning that you have go under interview for the upgrade now as to see you are fit for their travel insurance etc and fit the criteria for this account due to packaged accounts miselling.

Oooooo...... interesting twist. Makes sense I suppose (to protect their interests as a mutual).
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • Hominu
    Hominu Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Do you work for them?
    More likely visited the AGM.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Hominu wrote: »
    More likely visited the AGM.

Err No its not what you know its who you know!
  • reclusive46
    reclusive46 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    I'm intrigued by the atm usage.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    * Up to£5,000 overdraft - 50p per day - £15.50 per month.

I don't know if it counts true for the FlexDirect Plus but shortly after I switched from a Flex Account to Flex Direct, I had to increase my OD limit to £5,000 as my car fell flat on it's face (automatic gearbox) so had to replace it double quick (I have a severely disabled partner and work in another county).

I was over £4,000 overdrawn for a few weeks, and my total charge, £0.00.

I queried whether I would get charged at any point in the future but they said the OD was fee and interest free for three months - even as an existing customer upgrading!

Awesome interest rate that, well chuffed :D
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure