Tmobile price increase

Options

Comments

• NittyGritty
    NittyGritty Posts: 940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ruflonger wrote: »
    I think Stoney post as his "first draft" defence pretty much got it right and with additions from RandomCurve and Anna should help draft draft a good response

Thanks Stoney, RandomCurve and Anna - have now sent my comment and have been told I should get a decision in three weeks

yeah i saw stoney post, when he said first draft i guess i was waiting for a final draft incase there were better points to be raised,

i dont suppose you can pm your points so i can use to my post # 1157 in this thread on page 58? so i can send mine off aswell, some points maybe diffrent from yours tho. but most seem similer from what ive seen
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 June 2013 at 5:11PM
    Options
    Bit harsh as 21Twinkle is the OP of this thread and therefore did exactly that already! :(
    21Twinkle wrote: »
    Shame I can't just get d123 removed - ungrateful or what ?

It wasn't meant as harsh, all i am saying is if Twinkle wants a new thread only discussing it with those who have a law degree, all well and good, start a new thread and make that plain when it starts.

My point is that it is pointless wanting to change the course of a thread that is 3 months old and has been running in a certain way for at least 2 months.

It's even more pointless to then post you want to change the entire course of the thread when it already has over 1000 posts and 50000 views.

Remember, just because you started the thread doesn't mean you can just drop back into the thread and try and dictate who can post and what they can say.

To add, Twinkle, what makes you feel anyone should show you gratitude?

All you did is post a thread of a problem you had, if anything you should be grateful for the help and assistance others have posted, rather than denigrate them and their knowledge.

anna2007 wrote: »
    Twinkle, I think the point d123 was making is that people are still contributing to the thread and finding the information of benefit (that's certainly the case for me). The thread is up to almost 50,000 views, so clearly it's not just the folk contributing to the discussion who are taking an interest.

We're about to reach a critical stage, with CISAS close to ruling on cases - it would be a shame if we couldn't share the outcome with each other. With this in mind, if you really feel it's necessary to lock the thread, could you let us know here, so we can link to a new thread before it closes? :)

Exactly right.
    ====
  • Barnicle_Fiend
    Options
    yeah i saw stoney post, when he said first draft i guess i was waiting for a final draft incase there were better points to be raised,

I think everyone's final draft will be slightly different. Why not post it up here, I'm sure people will comment and assist.

I wrote the 'first draft' (post #1133) in response to stoney asking for some help forming a reply. It seems like the t-mobile responses received by others since are remarkably similar. Please feel free to use / adapt any of the comments from post #1133 that you want to.

(Please Note: I've not taken the same approach as you guys. I sent a letter cancelling my contract (post #817) & cancelled my direct debit. I'm yet to receive a response from t-mobile to my letter. As such, I have no CISAS case & no t-mobile response to deal with. My comments in post #1133 are therefore purely my thoughts on how I might reply to Stoneys t-mobile response.)
  • NittyGritty
    edited 15 June 2013 at 6:00PM
    Options
    I think everyone's final draft will be slightly different. Why not post it up here, I'm sure people will comment and assist.

I wrote the 'first draft' (post #1133) in response to stoney asking for some help forming a reply. It seems like the t-mobile responses received by others since are remarkably similar. Please feel free to use / adapt any of the comments from post #1133 that you want to.

(Please Note: I've not taken the same approach as you guys. I sent a letter cancelling my contract (post #817) & cancelled my direct debit. I'm yet to receive a response from t-mobile to my letter. As such, I have no CISAS case & no t-mobile response to deal with. My comments in post #1133 are therefore purely my thoughts on how I might reply to Stoneys t-mobile response.)
    hi, yeah i did post it on # 1157 if anyone as any ideas of a final draft so i can send
  • Barnicle_Fiend
    Options
    hi, yeah i did post it on # 1157 if anyone as any ideas of a final draft so i can send

Yes, I saw your post #1157.

Add your comments, you can use post #1133 as an example.

If, after adding your comments, you feel you need more assistance, then post your response from t-mobile - with your comments - here on the forum. Some of us will try to help out.
  • stoney73
    stoney73 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2013 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Has anyone seen this :http://forum.whatmobile.net/showpost.php?p=383298&postcount=131

JT
    What Mobile Super Moderator

"I approached this a different way, I wrote to them by Special Delivery complaining of the price increase, at the time I had no info about the RPI it was just rage. I heard nothing so I paid my contract off - some £500!

Today 3 months later a cheque arrives, no covering letter. The full amount I paid to get out of my contract has been refunded by EE. I'll post a photo of the cheque. This was a gamble - I know £500 is a crazy amount to play with I just can't believe it!"

@Barnicle Fiend Thanks ver much for the 'First Draft' you posted in response to my post. Greatly appreciated.

@Random Curve Again, many thanks to you also, I've used most of the helpful hints and templates that you've posted in this thread.

Just 3 weeks to go.
  • ruflonger
    ruflonger Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options

i dont suppose you can pm your points so i can use to my post # 1157 in this thread on page 58? so i can send mine off aswell, some points maybe diffrent from yours tho. but most seem similer from what ive seen

Have sent PM
  • NittyGritty
    Options
    thank you, will send it to CISAS later 2nite
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Hi Stoney,

Did you make any changes to your responses in post 1133 before submitting?

I have to submit mine today and was thinking of using something along the lines of what you posted earlier.

Cheers
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • stoney73
    stoney73 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Stoney,

Did you make any changes to your responses in post 1133 before submitting?

I have to submit mine today and was thinking of using something along the lines of what you posted earlier.

Cheers

Some minor changes, but nothing that would amount to much. Only thing I added in was some of what RandomCurve had posted, emphasizing the difference in how T-mobile behaved in applying the increase from 2012 to 2013.
    I also tweaked the amount I was asking for in damages, from little to very little, emphasizing that I was being reasonable.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport