how do i declare myself bankrupt?

how do i do it, im in so much debt upto my eye balls i just wanna go kill my self help me!!!

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    No amount of debt is worth that. Believe me; I've been there, done it, and I'm wondering whether to write the book.

I felt somewhat like you at some points in the past, but all problems can be solved.

You need to talk to someone professional regarding your debts:

[SIZE=-1]Professional, free and impartial advice on debt problems can be obtained from several charitable organisations. They never make a penny from the advice they give, which means it will be given with only your best interests at heart.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]

You can contact:
    [/SIZE] Plus if you are really upset you can talk to:

sams_logo.gif

The technical questions regarding declaring bankruptcy can be answered at:

How to petition for your own bankruptcy http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/guidanceleaflets/dealingwithdebt/howtopetition.htm

Don't despair because everyone on this site and forum want to help and support you. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • danfx wrote: »
    how do i do it, im in so much debt upto my eye balls i just wanna go kill my self help me!!!

Please dont ever consider that as a solution!!!

Post more information when you can ie what your income is, outgoings and how much you owe and we will help you.

Nothing is ever that desparate. NOTHING.
    DISCHARGED 12th December 2007:T

BSC Member #91

Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • Danfx.
    Welcome you have come to the rite place evryone on this site will help the best they can many have felt totaly desparate and know exactly how hurt you are but as Femmi and Backontheup have said it can be sorted and life can get better.
    You have taken an important first step and a brave one to admit your debt hasl got to much to cope with and needs to be sorted out :T
    You will recive support and advice not condemnation from us so please post again with details and use the links and numbers given by Femmi.
    For now a big hug and we look forward to your next post.
    Some of the best lessons we ever learn,we learn from our mistakes and failures.the error of the past is the success and wisdom of the future.:wave: :beer::j
  • danfx
    danfx Posts: 212 Forumite
    Sorry it's took so long to get back to you:

My income per month: JSA (90 QUID PER 2 WEEK)

My outgoings a week: 3 Pound a week (provident loan)

i owe 400 quid to littlewoods which i cant afford

i owe 500 for a contract phone

i owe 200 to my bank

i know this dont seem like alot but it is to me, im geting phone calls and letters all the time, and they all wont let me have an agreement where i can pay them all 20 pound every two week. i mean my jsa will stop in a month or so so iether way im bugerd im 21 and lucky not to have a mortgage or anything in my situation it's hard im trying my best to get a job to sort all this out. then i can sort my life out.
    but someone said, declare your self bankrupt it's easier. so i thought id come on here and see if anyone knew wot i could do? thanks

ps. ive got quite a few more bills than this like, odd 50 quid and 100 and etc... thanks
  • OK - you dont need to apply for bankruptcy. you can apply to the court for an administration order. You have debts that are less than £4000 so this is applicable.

Unfortunatley that is where my knowledge on the subject run out! if you go to www.insolvency.gov.uk it will tell you what you need to do.

in the interim, don't put up with any hassle from creditors. Write to them all offering token payments of £1 a month. Template letters are available on www.nationaldebtline.co.uk.

it seems bad because you are under such stress, but this is not a hopeless situation. Chin up!
    DISCHARGED 12th December 2007:T

BSC Member #91

Proud to have dealt with my debts
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    In that case their are plenty of other alternatives to start sorting this out.

Please contact on or more of the organisations I posted about earlier. They exist precisely to help people in your sort of situation, and they will be able to point you in the right direction. Probably doing as backontheup has just suggested.

Are you claiming everything you can? I've not got much idea with the benefit system, but www.entitledto.co.uk is suggested to lots of people here to check that you are not missing out on anything.

Might be worth posting on the DFW forum as well, with more details of your situation. The people on there are very good at helping sort these things out as well.

Believe me, there are always ways to get these things sorted. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Surely you could consider a dmp? You need to take professional advice - this level of debt is still very manageable. Please take heart from that.
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • Go to https://www.cccs.co.uk and look for the 'debt remedy' tab along the top of the page, click and follow the instructions, input all your income and expenditure and at the end you will get an intruction manual , that will tell you your options, you will also be give a web number and dedicated telephone number so you can speak to one of the advisors, try it, its a very good and quick way to get an idea of which way to go, it also explains each method too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure