Ryanair sits hen party in FIFTEEN separate rows as outrage over seating policy grows

Comments

• scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 June 2017 at 10:27AM
    Do people aware here that Ryan air is not the only airlines who charge passenger for choosing the seats. There are many budget airlines around the world including the US are charging the fee as part of their business model.

Again stating the obvious.

I don't know any who follow a system to deliberately put people apart who do not pay. Do you?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 June 2017 at 11:04AM
    jpsartre wrote: »
    I don't think a single person has argued against seat selection fees in this thread. Some people are arguing against the policy of deliberately splitting up passengers who don't pay them which is hardly the same. But nice strawman :)
    scd3scd4 wrote: »

I don't know any who follow a system to deliberately put people apart who do not pay. Do you?

This is a money saving expert forum
    If they have sold thousands of seats for £20 or less for traveling to a European city how do they make profit ?? Obviously they will need to find way to get the money from somewhere else such as by charging everything ....

Just because you do not know it does mean that other Airlines do not deliberately separate passengers on purpose. But it does not really matter whether deliberate or random allocation, they make you aware well in advance even before you buy the ticket that if you want to secure a seat of your choice you will need to pay for it otherwise prepare to get a seat which you probably do not like. Paying EUR 2 does not seem to be a big deal if you compare it to alternative flight or other fee. Forget to check in with Ryan Air, it will cost you £100 per person per return flight.

They have made you aware before boarding. Here is the seat allocation policy from Ryan Air:
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Priority-boarding-allocated-seating#0-0

You always have an option to pay for seat allocation or if you want to secure sitting together pay for it. Deliberate separation or not it does not really matter as it they way they work as part of their business model.

As MIchael O' Larry said "Hate Ryan Air do not fly Ryan Air"

But I give credit to Ryan Air that make fly is affordable. How much was going to cost traveling to the same destination about more than a decade ago ??
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Seriously, none of the points you are making have any bearing on the discussion people are having.
  • adindas
    edited 27 June 2017 at 12:59PM
    I don't think a single person has argued against seat selection fees in this thread. Some people are arguing against the policy of deliberately splitting up passengers who don't pay them which is hardly the same. But nice strawman :)
    Seriously, none of the points you are making have any bearing on the discussion people are having.

I mention:
    Just because you do not know it does mean that other Airlines do not deliberately separate passengers on purpose. Even they deliberately separate people keep in mind, they do not break any law, any T&C by separating people sitting together. You purchase the ticket you agree the T&C.

If you think they are breaking any rule, T&C report it to the regulator CAA here
    https://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/About-us/Our-role/

Alternatively take them to the court

Thats not what you first said.........................and they don't in my experience.
    It matters for the many reasons we have given.

If it matters for you then pay. You agree the T&C anf RA does not break any rule or law. Also what is matter to you, the RA does not need to care. As a business organisation, maximizing the stakeholders value is matter. For Example, Everybody want and it is matter to people when flying was free of charge ?? Why do RA need to care about about this ??
    Thats not the full picture of what is happening.

The link that I provided earlier explain the charge, you agree when you purchase the ticket. It is available to public since 4 April 2014

I copy it again
    https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Priority-boarding-allocated-seating#0-0

It matters to many and hes business model is irrelevant to me posting on an open forum.

Dont care what he verbalises. They are hardly the words of Plato.

RA is a fully licence airlines, they do not break any T&C they do not break any law, they make you aware of any charges.

You have the choice of either fly Ryan Air or other Airlines. Hate Ryan do not fly Ryan air that is what Michael O larry was saying. There are millions of people want to fly ryan air.
  • scd3scd4
    edited 27 June 2017 at 6:57PM
    adindas wrote: »
    I mention:
    Just because you do not know it does mean that other Airlines do not deliberately separate passengers on purpose. Even they deliberately separate people keep in mind, they do not break any law, any T&C by separating people sitting together. You purchase the ticket you agree the T&C.

If you think they are breaking any rule, T&C report it to the regulator CAA here
    https://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/About-us/Our-role/

Alternatively take them to the court

If it matters for you then pay. You agree the T&C anf RA does not break any rule or law. Also what is matter to you, the RA does not need to care. As a business organisation, maximizing the stakeholders value is matter. For Example, Everybody want and it is matter to people when flying was free of charge ?? Why do RA need to care about about this ??

The link that I provided earlier explain the charge, you agree when you purchase the ticket. It is available to public since 4 April 2014

I copy it again

RA is a fully licence airlines, they do not break any T&C they do not break any law, they make you aware of any charges.

You have the choice of either fly Ryan Air or other Airlines. Hate Ryan do not fly Ryan air that is what Michael O larry was saying. There are millions of people want to fly ryan air.

This is not the OJ Simpson trial. Its not a court of law. We are debating the merits of what they are doing but more how it will effect paying customers. Including them who may have paid to sit together. You seem to think you are educating us when you are not. Nothing you have said has moved the debate on.

Your link proved nothing. Most people who travel know, if they don't pay they are taking a risk. We were debating an issue that was deeper than that.
    You always have an option to pay for seat allocation or if you want to secure sitting together pay for it. Deliberate separation or not it does not really matter as it they way they work as part of their business model.

It does matter to some. It is a deliberate policy to make a person's flight less enjoyable That can also affect others. Thats includes you. How many times have people to repeat it. Its also a policy that will wrong foot many as it it apart from how things normally operate. His business model means something to him or maybe you.............not me and others. Hence why we are discussing it.

We dont care what O'leary thinks or feels. We are expressing how we think and feel on an open forum.

Its irrelevant how many still may want to travel. We are still going to debate it and let people know the new change in policy...he can take that to court if he likes. :T.

Hate Ryan do not fly Ryan air that is what Michael O larry was saying.

And Millwall say........No one likes us, we don't care. :rotfl:
  • adindas
    edited 27 June 2017 at 7:21PM
    Matter to you then pay Do not pay prepare to seat whatever is decided for you as simple as that.

If you think RA is breaking a rule, T&C law, take them to the Regulator or the court.

How many times people are telling you it is not a new policy paying for guarantee seat is already there since 2014.

Hate Ryan Air do not fly Ryan Air you already here it many times from RA

Normally if people do not like a company, a business they will not do anymore business with them. But here they hate Ryan Air but people keep flying RA.
    This is not the OJ Simpson trial. Its not a court of law. We are debating the merits of what they are doing but more how it will effect paying customers. Including them who may have paid to sit together. You seem to think you are educating us when you are not. Nothing you have said has moved the debate on.

Your link proved nothing. Most people who travel know, if they don't pay they are taking a risk. We were debating an issue that was deeper than that.

It does matter to some. It is a deliberate policy to make a person's flight less enjoyable That can also affect others. Thats includes you. How many times have people to repeat it. Its also a policy that will wrong foot many as it it apart from how things normally operate. His business model means something to him or maybe you.............not me and others. Hence why we are discussing it.

We dont care what O'leary thinks or feels. We are expressing how we think and feel on an open forum.

Its irrelevant how many still may want to travel. We are still going to debate it and let people know the new change in policy...he can take that to court if he likes. :T.

And Millwall say........No one likes us, we don't care. :rotfl:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    You seem to think you are playing Top Trumps.

Its not about you caring if you are sitting apart.....we care if we are affected by the system as a consequence that others are. We have moved on from the obvious a while back. The point is WE care!!
    I don't 'think' I'm playing anything.

It's about what I want it to be about.
    You do not dictate how a thread evolves.

And I don't care.

It doesn't matter if no other business follows a system to deliberately put people apart who do not pay.
    Ryanair operate a business model that suits them.
    If it is nor to your liking, choose to fly with a different airline.
    adindas wrote: »
    Do people realize here it is not your business to dictate how the airlines are running their business how they pick up their own business model.
    Well? Do you?
  • scd3scd4
    edited 28 June 2017 at 6:35AM
    It doesn't matter if no other business follows a system to deliberately put people apart who do not pay.
    If it is nor to your liking, choose to fly with a different airline.
    I will.....and I do come and go as I please. But in the meantime I will comment how I see fit. You sound confused like the other one before you. Many of us are not having a legal argument. The policy can effect everyone regardless of if you pay or don't pay. This is starting to sound like Groundhog day! lol
    Well? Do you?
    Know the purpose of a forum??............yep sure do.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    If it is nor to your liking, choose to fly with a different airline

I agree with all of that and I really have little sympathy for people who are too cheap to pay a few quid for seats and then complain when they get split up. However, you can agree with all that and still think that the new Ryanair policy is a poor one. I believe some valid concerns have been raised in this thread both regarding the boarding process and safety. And from a Ryanair PR perspective I think the policy is a bad move (although that's obviously Ryanair's problem and not mine).
  • scd3scd4
    edited 28 June 2017 at 9:07AM
    I agree with all of that and I really have little sympathy for people who are too cheap to pay a few quid for seats and then complain when they get split up. However, you can agree with all that and still think that the new Ryanair policy is a poor one. I believe some valid concerns have been raised in this thread both regarding the boarding process and safety. And from a Ryanair PR perspective I think the policy is a bad move.
    I agree. I was once on a EasyJet flight. We paid to board first. Then came the rest. Turned out a lady was really frightened but they had no seats together with her husband. The crew were trying to bully people to move. A crew member looked at me and I said...."sorry we have paid for these seats.. Why on earth did they not?"

Its not the paying for me..........I always pay as I still enjoy seating with my wife and family. But the new system just shows a new level of contempt for paying customers in my view. I do not care if they have the law on their side. I know I can go else where, I know it's their business.....bore bore... It just stinks and I worry it may turnout to be unsafe practice for everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure