Argos Laptop Return

124»

Comments

• sgun
    sgun Posts: 715
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, I agree, but OPs post is about getting a refund from Argos. I don't think Argos have anyone on their refund desk checking registers and installs Its quite easy to make a laptop look unused if you know how to. Factory reset does not wipe memory but can make something look unused for a return if that's what you want. I wouldn't do it but it is possible. Wiping entire memory does take a bit more effort but to get an Argos refund you don't need to go that far. I will say again, up to individual to decide if its the right thing to do (personally I would take the impulse buy on the chin and sell on at a loss)
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sgun wrote: »
    Yes, I agree, but OPs post is about getting a refund from Argos. I don't think Argos have anyone on their refund desk checking registers and installs Its quite easy to make a laptop look unused if you know how to.
    And what might happen when that laptop gets returned to the Argos hub for them to inspect and get it ready to be resold as a customer return and they then discover that the person who returned it was lying about not using it?
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    get it ready to be resold as a customer return
    Wont happen as they get sold as job lots to clearance houses, where traders but pallets of shop returns.
    maybe £10,000 worth of goods for £1000. with a pot luck chance of all the goods in the pallet work
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 11:30AM
    Wont happen as they get sold as job lots to clearance houses, where traders but pallets of shop returns.
    maybe £10,000 worth of goods for £1000. with a pot luck chance of all the goods in the pallet work

Argos has a contractor that reconditions returned laptops and sells them via the Argos Outlet on eBay.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 11:28AM
    I used to but the pallet of goods which also include laptops. what they sell on the Argos Outlet on eBay are old stock after they change catalogues and what they no long stock in stores.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure