Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Flat_Eric
Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 9 September 2012 at 3:38PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Hello :wave:

Welcome ALL to the new Slimming World thread :j:j:j

Comments

• Flat_Eric
    edited 9 September 2012 at 3:59PM
    Here is the text posted previously which I have copied over from the other thread :j

Dear all, as the last thread grew so long here we have a new one. I am simply copying all that Consultant31 put in the introduction to the pre-Christmas thread for you here. There have been a few changes on SW in the past couple of months - cereal allowances have gone up slightly (but very slightly - by a gram or two, don't get too excited) and some of the Muller yogs now have syns, but the basics remain the same - eat lots and lots of healthy food and treat yourself to a few syns each day!

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.
    Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

The Original (Red) and Green plans are still going strong but most people may well have heard of the Extra Easy plan. If you've ever wondered if it works, I promise you it does. If you've ever wondered how it works, just trust the experts at SW, they wouldn't send you on the wrong path.

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish and all the Superfree food – is totally Free on Extra Easy! Yes, you can eat unlimited meat, potatoes and veg, fish, chips and mushy peas, and chicken curry and rice with no measuring, no weighing, no counting – no kidding!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Superfree Food!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

And if the Syn values for Green and Original foods are different on the standard Syns lists, count the lower one!

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Superfree Foods to half of your plate

OR

B: switch to more Speed Foods

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Link to recipe thread:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...4#post40936144

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments. Oh, and also try to remember not to quote wholesale from books or the SW website as there are copyright laws and we don't want Slimming World seeing us as nasty rivals, this is more for support :A
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Hi FE. :hello:
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jayII wrote: »
    Hi FE. :hello:

And so say all of us!!! Thanks FE:A
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all :D

THanks for working out my Syns jayII for my macaroni cheese - I think I'd counted the 6 HEA's as syns and got confused! Will amend freezer labels to 2.5 syns and 1 HEA :D Thanks

Made mushroom, chicken and bacon casserole today for the freezer, threw loads of peas in (actually just had a horrible though that peas have syns in them?!? eek!) and a tin of Campbell's low fat condensed chicken soup for flavour, it makes a semi decent sauce (I put too much water in, it resembles dishwater somewhat but I'm prepared to overlook that!). Got 6 portions out of it.

Is the low fat condensed soup 7 syns on Extra Easy? Maybe if I Syn it at 1.5 syns per portion? I can't honestly tell you how many grams of peas went in. There are syns in peas is that right?

Really need to dig out my SW books!

Thanks for the shiny new thread :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ammonite wrote: »
    There are syns in peas is that right?

Really need to dig out my SW books!

Thanks for the shiny new thread :D

Peas don't have syns on EE but they are just free not SF. I think they might be SS as well (like baked beans?). I'm not sure, I'll need to get my book out too!;)
  • ammonite
    Oh just read peas are free on all but RED. However they aren't part of your superfree as they aren't superfree just free - is that right? Are mushrooms superfree? Can't get my head round Extra Easy yet but am cooking for the freezer before I re-join!
  • ammonite
    Thanks maman. I'm fairly limited to which fruit and veg I can eat so I guess peas are better than nout! :D
  • kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Happy new thread everyone - here's to successful weight loss (or maintaining) for us all.:beer:
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• Flat_Eric
    ammonite wrote: »
    Oh just read peas are free on all but RED. However they aren't part of your superfree as they aren't superfree just free - is that right? Are mushrooms superfree? Can't get my head round Extra Easy yet but am cooking for the freezer before I re-join!

mushrooms are superfree. peas are classed as free not superfree so if you were having a red day, you would need to syn them.
  • ammonite
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    mushrooms are superfree. peas are classed as free not superfree so if you were having a red day, you would need to syn them.
    Thanks Flat Eric, spent so much time doing red and green I just haven't got to grips with EE yet. My Mum is doing so well on EE I really want to try it. She has lost 19lb so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure