Credit card interest charges

Just had a letter from Barclay card stating they got it wrong and have over charged me £559.63 interest on my credit card bill! It's real. Automatically refunded into my account in March.
So a welcome surprise but I want to know over what period of time was this occurring and do I have any claim for additional compensation here for taking money that was not owed?

Comments

• I want to know over what period of time was this occurring
    Ok. You can ask people here if you like, but I can think of somewhere you have a chance of getting a definitive answer.
    and do I have any claim for additional compensation here for taking money that was not owed?
    It is likely that they've added 8% to compensate you in addition to refunding you. Feel free to ask them the question.

It's all a bit shoddy from them. Have the told you what rate they were charging you and what rate they should have been charging you?

And have you considered a 0% balance transfer card?
  • I'll certainly ask them when I call! I wanted to see where I stand before I did!
    Thanks
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I can't see that the interest on what you should have paid vs what you have paid would be particularly great, assuming you are making minimum payments (you won't have a claim if you were paying more than the minimum.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure