Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I hope all is well with Mr SA today.

I admire your commitment on that exercise, it's tough

X
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Mr SA feeling better today - phew. He's still getting double vision when he wakes up but as he will be going to doctors next week I will make sure this is mentioned. His carer has noticed his mobility has got worse.

The 30 day shred I will try to do every other day. I know you're meant to do it every day but as I walk at least 8 miles a day then I'm just using it for toning purposes. Done it loads of times before and always end up going back to it because it's only 20 minutes but is effective. Stiffness is wearing off now thankfully. Most of all I need to start counting WW points properly as this is what will get rid of the weight I want to lose. Trying to get back on track step by step.

New shower being fitted tomorrow thank goodness. Getting a bit fed up of the hand held one now. Toilet being fixed next Tuesday.

Debt wise I have realised I'm now not going to hit my target of debt free by end November. Same goes with weight loss so have failed my 100 day challenge before it's over :( But onwards and upwards and new weight loss target is by Christmas and debt free one by end of 0% which is February, so need to have cleared it by end January. This should make things a bit easier money wise especially with Christmas coming up. I'll get there eventually.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • SO glad MR SA is feeling better, PHEW indeed.

I have one more day of work and then a week off so I will be more on it, but for now sending hugs XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Hello Buffy just been looking at your diary. Hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your week off:)
  • Sun_Addict
    Mr SA feeling a lot better now thank goodness although he was too tired to go to DS's as planned so we cancelled. Don't want him going near GD anyway if he has bug. He's fed up at the moment as he can't get into any of his trousers. He's put a lot of weight on. Basically down to eating the same as he used to do when he was physically active. Ended up taking him to Primani for trousers in next size up - which are still too tight so I will have to change next week for the next size up - which he is very upset about.

New shower is great, more up to date version of the old one and so much better. Unfortunately paying for it will take a big chunk out of planned debt repayment but at least it's not being added to debt.

Bought a Christmas present today for DS and GF - had a £10 off voucher for L'Occitane - got them a lovely candle which the shop gift wrapped so saved me a job. Will get them something else as well. They are supposed to be coming up with a wish list for GD. I don't want to buy the same as someone else and she's too young yet for a lot of things. I did think of getting her a silver bracelet engraved with her name - DD used to have one when she was a baby.

Made Mr SA pulled pork tonight which took 5 hours (!!!) to cook but he really enjoyed it. Being a vegetarian I'm probably not the best person to cook meat but I was determined to get it right. I had root veg bake made from one of those recipe cards picked up in Sainsburys, it was very nice anyway.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and the extra hour. Not looking forward to the darker nights :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Not looking forward to the dark nights either :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Have had a productive day today, sorted out the dreaded cupboard under the stairs which I have been putting off for ages, bin is now full to the brim, but cupboard now neat and tidy and decluttered. Took dog for long walk while Mr SA slept and have ordered my Christmas present from Mr SA - neon pink Fitbit - shopped around online and got it for £62.04 down from £79.99 so pleased with that and another prezzie sorted. Made kale and bean soup for work lunches and tonight's meal for me pasta bake with Croutons made from WW bread, both WW recipes.

Have quite enjoyed today pottering around the house and getting odd jobs done. Off to bed in a minute as back to early starts tomorrow, alarm goes off at 05.15, yawn!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    You do have a very early start, Sun.A! :cool:

Just looked up Fitb!t... Which one did you choose? Are they significantly better than a step-counter?

Glad to read MrSA is on the mend. Would he consider using a face-mask on the 'plane in future? It's a good way of avoiding everyone else's germs which are thoroughly circulated by the air conditioning (plus chemicals from engine fumes on most 'planes).
  • Sun_Addict
    Robin - I chose Fitbit Flex, I keep hearing good reviews about them, you can synch them with your phone, they count steps, calories, other exercise and even monitor sleep. Will find out for myself at Christmas. I do like gadgets :)

Mr SA not too good again, confused mainly. He rang me at work to ask how to cook beans on toast. He thought you had to defrost the tin of beans! Anyway I've got him a doctors appointment for next Monday.

Weighed myself yesterday and the less said the better :( Really need to get back on track, am very cross with myself. Have been good now for 2 days, did 30 Day Shred yesterday and plan another session tomorrow and Friday. Need to lose a stone which is what I lost with WW 12 years ago and I kept it off until recently it started creeping back on.

Payday Friday - won't be paying much off debt due to shower and I've got to pay for work Christmas meal and trip to Christmas market this month. Also hair appointment mid November and I've made a start on buying bits and bobs towards Christmas.

Did meal plan for next week tonight, trying to use freezer stocks up rather than buy too much as have plenty to use up.
  • Sun_Addict
    Forgot to say Mr SA and I have both had a little windfall - a cheque each for £22.01 from Tesco Bank - apparently for them being late sending a statement when we had that van loan with them. I hadn't even noticed. Every little helps as they say!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport