IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Link Parking residently PCN

Comments

• Basically yes. I appealed on behalf of the driver/keeper because they were a visitor parked in my allocated space. Link Parking have said I admitted to being the driver but my appeal with the IAS shows I'm appealing on behalf of someone and gives their details.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Basically yes. I appealed on behalf of the driver/keeper because they were a visitor parked in my allocated space. Link Parking have said I admitted to being the driver but my appeal with the IAS shows I'm appealing on behalf of someone and gives their details.

Well this could be interesting if it gets to court.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    As Gladstones are involved you can bet your bottom dollar that
    once again they don't have a clue what they are talking about
    Gladstones are very incompetent solicitors who run the IPC/IAS which is a scam set up designed to attract other scammers like
    Link Parking

Get it all your facts correct and if it does go to court, you will probably get a judge scratching his head in disbelief about the sheer incompetence of Gladstones.
    Rest assured the courts have seen Gladstones incompetence many times.

Get your schedule of costs ready for when you win
  • Well when I've asked friends for advice they can't believe it either.
    I've told Gladstones that I'm not the keeper/driver but they just said that 9 times out of 10 people who say that lie.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2017 at 4:45PM
    Well when I've asked friends for advice they can't believe it either.
    I've told Gladstones that I'm not the keeper/driver but they just said that 9 times out of 10 people who say that lie.

Cannot believe what a bunch of idiots Gladstones are, nothing new though

Just wait now, no point in dealing with the brain dead.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 May 2017 at 6:05PM
    Well when I've asked friends for advice they can't believe it either.

Did they say that in writing, how blinking dare they suggest that about motorists, of course people don't generally lie.

The industry is despicable and getting much worse, not better. :mad:

If this was just a phone conversation, you need to follow it up with an email confirming that you are neither the driver nor the keeper of the vehicle and telling Gladstones that if they start a claim knowing this fact, which was confirmed at appeal stage to the IAS, which is run by...the same people who run Gladstones (Mr Hurley and Mr Davies) then you will seek your full costs.

Further, you will also ask the Judge for punitive costs, to send out a message about these robo-claims, to stop similar baseless, unchecked pursuit of the wrong party through court, conduct which can only be described as wholly unreasonable and vexatious in the extreme.

Use those words and email that to Gladstones and the claimant (Link).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • It was a phone conversation so no written record of it. Thank you for that advice - they called me the day after I sent my response to their LBC and I've heard nothing since so will look into emailing that response as well.

I also raised a complaint with the IPC about Link Parking and how the emails/letters they sent out were both rude and harassing, especially since I've told them I'm not the driver/keeper and they would have seen this on the IAS appeal themselves. They had a week to respond to my complaint and I was given 2 working days to respond to their request for copies of the emails/letters. -_-

I know I'm not liable because I'm not the driver/keeper of the vehicle and can provide evidence of this. I'm concerned that they will then turn around and pursue my friend who, although being the keeper/driver, did nothing wrong because I gave her permission to park there and told her the vehicle was registered.
    It's just a big mess really.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    It was a phone conversation so no written record of it.

What I usually do in such circumstances is send the company a record of the conversation and ask them, if I have got anything wrong, to let me know.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sounds like you have lots of evidence but definitely email Gladstones that wording tonight - so you beat the date of any court claim - and you could also add that the driver cannot be pursued either, because they had permission/authority to park and cannot be liable for a failure in the Link system.

The only fault lies completely outside of the control of the driver, due to the error of a Letting Agent (quite possibly by liaising with the Managing Agent) in allocating the wrong bay. As such, the driver has a defence (among other points) on the basis of promissory estoppel because that bay was indeed promised and authorised as a stated fact, under the terms of the Tenancy.

You should then confirm that you have evidence that no authorisation code is communicated when parking authorised vehicles at this location and neither you (as resident) nor the driver can be pursued for any charge at all.

You know, residents (certainly the leasehold landlords/homeowners, who have more clout) should NOT ACCEPT Link Parking being on site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I'll definitely email them all this tonight - thank you so much for your help!

Link Claim they send authorisation codes for every vehicle that I have registered (accept this one because they claim I forgot to register it) - I have the video to show no such codes are provided at point of registration. They also said that emails are sent out as well with those codes - is it worth me asking for proof of those emails?

I also have photographs of a vehicle that parked without authorisation from night until morning in my allocated bay (in an obstructive manner) that did not receive a ticket - is it worth using this defence as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure