Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

MSE_Dan_L
MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
edited 20 September 2021 at 2:19PM in Energy
MoneySavingExpert.com Insert 27 July 2018:

Iresa has ceased trading. Read our news story for what to do if you're affected:

Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Back to the original post...

---

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Iresa

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Anyone? I'm on the brink of signing with these guys as as a low user, the low standing charge makes them a fair bit cheaper than any others. There are a handful of not so great reviews on another site, but we all know people are more likely to leave bad than good reviews! Anyone got any success stories?
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 28 September 2016 at 9:59AM
    I've been with them since the end of July for my electricity. No problems with the switchover or since. Regular emails from them asking for readings or telling me DD payments are being taken. Website is straightforward as is giving readings.

The one bill I've had and the online bill/payment history is typical bill speak which probably makes sense if you speak bill language.

I'm happy I moved. Currently no complaints about them.
  • Hi firsttimemover,

Did you change your current energy supplier to Iresa LTD? I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa. Their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents.
  • PKPK_2
    PKPK_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi,

I'm not sure whether I am doing this correctly but can anyone advice if they have had any experience with Iresa Ltd a new enegy provider. I ask I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa, their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents for .
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,692
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 November 2016 at 4:28PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5454979

Reports generally don't seem too good. Maybe another ExtraEnergy in the making, started off OK but once they got a reasonable number of customers they did not have the infrastructure to cope ?
  • PKPK_2
    PKPK_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Thank you for your feedback. Having looked at the polls as well, I guess I won't be switching my parents dual energy with Iresa Limited. However, I recently changed my dual energy from First Utility to Avro Energy as it gave the best savings at the time unfortunately, that only had 50% great from the polls.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,343
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    PKPK, I switched to Iresa last night, decided after a lot of pondering and reading of the reviews etc to give it a go as for me they are the cheapest. I`m keeping my fingers crossed and being positive its going to be a good choice.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I signed up with them on 22nd October. Cooling Off period just expired and been given the log on details for the account. Direct Debit already set up and 1st payment to be taken next week. No problems so far!
  • PKPK wrote: »
    Hi firsttimemover,

Did you change your current energy supplier to Iresa LTD? I ask as I am also wanting to do the same for my elderly parents. If so are you happy with Iresa. Their customer service etc. Please let me know as I would like to know your experience with same company before I make that switch for my parents.

Yes, I decided to go for it, for me the savings were worth it, coupled with the fact there is no exit fee on their 1 year fix and interest paid on credit and seems to have gone very smoothly. I officially "switched" and gave my first meter readings yesterday, correspondence has been good, online account and direct debit set up correctly, and they were really nice when I phoned up to query if they would accept an economy 7 meter on standard rates, so really can't fault them so far.

I'll report back once I've had my final bill from E.on and first bill from Iresa for those that are interested.
  • Hi,
    Thank you so much for your quick responses from the people who changed their energy supplier to Iresa LTD. I feel more positive now for my parents to switch to the same company. I also did a quick search from the uSwitch site and behold Iresa LTD came up with best savings even though uSwitch do not help with the switching to this company themselves. So, I will consider from your experiences that it's 1 year fixed plan and there is no exit fee.
    Again, thank you.PKPK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport