EE's mis selling

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Some networks manage this by sending out an inactive SIM, which you then activate once the cust has received it. It looks as though either EE or the agent didn't use this.
  • Guys_Dad wrote: »
    And you have proof of this that would stand up in court?

If not, take the money.
    I have the transcripts from today that state i was given the wrong information
  • pmduk wrote: »
    Some networks manage this by sending out an inactive SIM, which you then activate once the cust has received it. It looks as though either EE or the agent didn't use this.
    Doesn't look like it, they gabe no explanation for why it didnt happen that way
  • TamaraC wrote: »
    Monthly charge has nothing to do with it. They guaranteed delivery and no loss of service

Are you claiming someone actually said the words 'we guarantee it will be there Monday'? Or did someone actually say 'it should be there Monday'?
    TamaraC wrote: »
    I was told that because he is self employed and sole trader that the normal contract would be sufficient

Who told you that? And sufficient for what exactly?
  • unforeseen wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

YOU took out a contract and then got them to transfer YOUR HUSBAND'S PAYG number to your new contract?

Did your husband know that you were grabbing his number ?
    Yes of course he knew, he was there when i was on the phone to them and spoke to them himself
  • Are you claiming someone actually said the words 'we guarantee it will be there Monday'? Or did someone actually say 'it should be there Monday'?

The woman i spoke to on Friday told me, she stated that the contract offered was sufgicient as a business contract would cost him far more
  • Are you claiming someone actually said the words 'we guarantee it will be there Monday'? Or did someone actually say 'it should be there Monday'?

The woman guarantedd there would be no loss of service as the sim would "definitely" be here on Monday
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    pmduk wrote: »
    Nobody in a call centre can ever be 100% certain about delivery. Just as you can't be yourself when posting something . They'll have given you the best info to hand. If you needed a new SIM with the same number they can't have the same number on two active SIMs simultaneously.
    With our switch the contract SIM had a different number which showed on the phone but when I phoned the old number it rang the phone. It took a few hours for the phone to actually show the old number.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This has to be a wind-up. Why on earth would EE up their offer from £30 to £50 because a sim didn't turn up in the post. Who has ever had a PAYG sim stop working so suddenly when the new sim hasn't even turned up?
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TamaraC wrote: »
    The woman i spoke to on Friday told me, she stated that the contract offered was sufgicient as a business contract would cost him far more
    Apart from the fact that there would be no SLA etc. No compensation for consequential loss.

In fact as it is a standard consumer contract you have very little recourse for areas that a business would need cover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure