Anyone else having any problems with Tesco Online Banking?

I've been trying to cancel a Direct Debit into one of my Tesco savings accounts that I no longer need. When I click to confirm the cancellation, it comes up saying that 'Online banking is currently unavailable.' This happened a couple of times yesterday and again today.

Thankfully the next payment wouldn't be taken for a few weeks so I have time, but I was just wondering if anyone else is having any issues? I made an internal transfer (via app) yesterday and that went through fine.

Thanks

Comments

• Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Seems to be working OK for me, but I only tried to view my account.
    Is it only the D-D cancellation feature that isn't working ?
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    It was yes. After trying over a few more days to cancel it with no success, I rang them. Spoke to an advisor who advised me that it's not possible to cancel DD's online (amending works fine online as I've done it before.)

Just thought I'd post this here in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I can't recall ever seeing anything about it in the account literature.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    It was yes. After trying over a few more days to cancel it with no success, I rang them. Spoke to an advisor who advised me that it's not possible to cancel DD's online (amending works fine online as I've done it before.)

Just thought I'd post this here in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. I can't recall ever seeing anything about it in the account literature.

Strange.

I have two Tesco savings accounts. I cancelled three inward direct debits online to each a few days ago.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Strange.

I have two Tesco savings accounts. I cancelled three inward direct debits online to each a few days ago.
    Three direct debits from a Tesco current account to a Tesco savings account?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

Nobody (apart from you:cool:) has mentioned a Tesco current account.
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

No. Direct debits in to two Tesco savings accounts from external accounts.
  • Shakin_Steve
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    No. Direct debits in to two Tesco savings accounts from external accounts.
    I think that it's a Tesco current account that the OP is trying to cancel DD from? Well.....I'm assuming that as the thread title says Tesco online banking.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I think that it's a Tesco current account that the OP is trying to cancel DD from? Well.....I'm assuming that as the thread title says Tesco online banking.

It was a direct debit into a Tesco Internet Saver from a Natwest current account.

I titled the thread as Tesco online banking due to the error message it was giving me when I tried to cancel the DD on Tesco's end (I have always thought you were supposed to cancel them on both ends.)
  • Shakin_Steve
    Right...then I apologise to Snow Tiger.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure