Risen from the ashes ...

Comments

• Have given up with bank on the phone .... after holding for ages, spoke to someone who said they needed to transfer me & put me straight back into a queue .... logged out & back in and balances have now updated so - fingers crossed - everything's gone through OK!
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Good news (budgeting wise) ... for a change!:T

When I got my new car, the service book was missing & someone made one up and sent it out.

Since getting it, I've been meaning to phone the garage as it didn't make sense to me - car was registered in March '11 & the pre-service is showing as that date but the 1st service isn't showing as being done until Aug '12 :eek: (should by 1 year or xx miles)

Worried about future issues with the gap & the 5 year warranty - you only get 4 weeks leeway between service dates and I know a few people who've had loads of hassle if outside this.

I've always assumed the 2nd service was due in March '13 and have been working to this on my budget - but was going to be short as it's a big service (£250) - and one of the reasons for just doing the car tax for 6 months (so that would need done again in Aug '13).

Have been worrying about phoning as it's now ages since I was sent this :o - but it was around the time I fell ill ....

Anyway .... finally got around to phoning and ..... the service book I've been sent is wrong :) (I know that should be a frown, but it's a good wrong:rotfl:)

The pre-inspection service was done July '11 and 1st service Aug '12 (within 4 week date) :T - even better is that the next service isn't due until Aug ' 13 :j:j which gives me more time to save up:T

I'm a bit confused as the car was def registered in March '11 - but hey-ho ... if that's what they say and they'll do me a new book

Presuming the MOT will still be due in the March date tho' .... bit confused :o - will need to check this when I go!

So ..... slight change of plan with the tax as I'll just do the 12 months in Feb (so it's not beside the service) .... and can relax a bit as will def have enough saved for the service by Aug!:T
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's good news :j and gives you a little more breathing space :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • I know :) honestly I'm so pleased / relieved as I wasn't going to have enough to cover it :eek:

The other pots in the same fund would've been there to help out but nearly everything house wise renews in May so there wouldn't have been a huge amount to play with.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Rising~sorry but difusser thingy is not as full as I thought.
    Evaperation I guess but will try to post it tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Rising~sorry but difusser thingy is not as full as I thought.
    Evaperation I guess but will try to post it tomorrow.

Only if you're going out anyway hun & much appreciated.

I think they do evaporate as I'm sure there was a bit left in the one I had - but it was empty :(. I think you're maybe supposed to unscrew them & put the proper cap back on if not using them.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just popping in - hope lurkers are welcome - about the car.... Some big dealers preregister cars so might buy batch in the March but then not service till someone buys them. Glad it gives you a bit more time to save anyway :D
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• Hi skint_spice - lurkers always welcome!:D

Honestly, I'm so chuffed that the service isn't due until August - funny how something like that can cheer you up no end:):o

I think you may well be right that it was pre-reg - I know dealers often have quarterly sales targets to reach .... maybe they were a few short!

Trick's going to be remembering that the MOT's due at a different time:eek: - I've never had them not tie up before!
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning! :hello:
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Morning Slowly :) - hope today is a better day for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure