webuyanycar.com

Comments

• My experience with WBAC is quite good, they valuate my nearly new car, in perfect conditions and a quite requested model, £6400, it had been valuated before for part exchange from 5500 to 6500 (but against the purchase of a £17000 used car!) so I think I will sell them and then I can try and have a good discount with no P/X . The man at the office has been pleasant, he reduced the online valuation by £50 for a small chip that I wasn't aware of. So I would say it worth give it a try (if their office is not too far)
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    he reduced the online valuation by £50 for a small chip that I wasn't aware of.

:rotfl:

WALOFS........
  • jaydeeuk1 wrote: »
    :rotfl:

WALOFS........
    what was so funny?
  • Bobba_2
    Bobba_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Used these guys last week.

Weren't too bad. Better quoted price than the rest of the buy-your-car companies I tried by at least £500.

Would I have got a far better deal if I sold privately? Of course I would. Probably close to £1000 more. But with tax and insurance shortly due, the car losing value weekly anyway, the hassle of marketing it and the need for to realise the capital now, it was more efficient for me to do it that way.

Points I'd note:

Don't bothered getting the car valeted beforehand. They'll still charge you the additional fee anyway.

Get any scratches sorted before you take it in. Their SMART repair costs are twice what you'd pay to have it done yourself.

Glad the guy didn't notice the scuff on the alloy. That would have been another £200 off on what is a £60 retail repair.
  • j2011
    j2011 Posts: 238 Forumite
    I got a price for my old banger, £50 less than what I would get for scrapping it.
  • lol...lol.. please tell everyone not to use these guys... i recieved an email from them so thought id check to see what they had to say.. they will give you 50% of your cars value.. i phoned them to see why this was and they said there system is like the stock market.mmm fancy system:), i got three different valuations within 10 mins ranging from £5000-£3880. the car is worth a lot more than that. they must be geting customers to pay for this sh** adverts. i feel sorry for the people that have to sell to them. the owners of this company should hang there heads in shame at taking the pis* out of desperate people. you are none better than a theif and hopefully the right associations will wind up your company...PLEASE DONT CONTACT THESE COWBOYS TRY E BAY OR SIMILAR SITES. a wee note to the owners- i hope you rot in hell...
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well my dealings are straightforward.

Had 2 valuations for part-exchanging my pickup against a new one of between £11,000 and £11,500. Webuyanycar valued it at £12,450 online. Took it in and got exactly that. No deductions for anything (apart from the valuation fee), no valeting cost or any other charge.

Some have said on here not to clean the car as they charge for valeting anyway but not the case for us (however we did clean it ourselves before taking it in).

The guy in the York depot was extremely friendly and made the process very smooth. Extremely happy.
  • Red_Panda_2
    Red_Panda_2 Posts: 261 Forumite
    Thought I would have a look for our car, Parkers valuation in good condition £18,000 webuyanycar..........................£10500 hmm bit off the mark there!
    Any spelling mistakes are entirely on purpose to check you're paying attention :p
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Red_Panda wrote: »
    Thought I would have a look for our car, Parkers valuation in good condition £18,000 webuyanycar..........................£10500 hmm bit off the mark there!

Tell us more about your car - its weird they are that far out?
  • Red_Panda_2
    Red_Panda_2 Posts: 261 Forumite
    pgilc1 wrote: »
    Tell us more about your car - its weird they are that far out?

Its a BMW 120 M sport, 3 door 18000 miles with comfort pack, alloys, climate control and lots of other extras on a 58 plate.

The best price from a franchise £19,335 or private £17,245. Webuyanycar using our number plate £10500.

I checked our old car and they offered £75, we sold it through an auction for £700! Why do people use them?
    Any spelling mistakes are entirely on purpose to check you're paying attention :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure