PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Yesterday was a no spend day for me, but it wasn't hard as i wasn't well enough to go out. If i had of gone out i would have gone to Church in the morning and the only money i would have spent would have been putting money in the collection plate. I don't think that should be included in my GC really though :D
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tracey.32 wrote: »
    Got home and one of the milk cartons was spilled all over the boot of the car :mad: - when I got it indoors discovered that the little seal under the cap was broken :mad: Don't know how long it had been that way - had a sniff but I'm not much good at that - so I had to chuck what was left!! Froze the other 3 so should have plenty of milk for the month.
    A similar thing happened to me with Lidl milk, only it was all over the hall carpet- STILL trying to de-whiff it! The carton actually burst at the sides about 1/4 way up! Back to buying local milk again (Lidl stuff theoretically is cheaper BUT I have to drive 13 miles there so only worth it if going into town!).
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Hi everyone, hope you're not to cold today. Am staying in, it's far to cold and full of snow to venture out. So NSD today for groceries.

Think I'll make twinks and short crust pastry today (egg and bacon pie) from the store cupboard. This'll be my first time of making twinks with gluten free flour and rice flakes instead of oats, but think I'll give it a go.
    I'm sure I'll still be able to force it down lol.

Cheers
    Casper
    x x
    LBM Feb 09[STRIKE] £64 427.32[/STRIKE] £13 700.59! Sub £15 000!
    DFD July 2018
    GC 01Dec ~ 30Dec £40.00 SSF £00.00
    NSD 00/20 WSC (08~14) £13.59 SSF £00.00 DFW Nerd 319 Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts!
    "Captain Jack Harkness! When will you learn that you can't solve every problem by shagging it?!"
  • had a baking day yesterday and tried some recipies from a muffin book i got for christmas, they turned out really well so all the kids have got wholemeal choc raisin muffins in their pack up today.
    would have had a nsd today but milko didnt turn up because of the snow so had to run and get a pint from the paper shop:mad: .

did hm mushroom soup for tea last night that goes down really well in our house i was just annoyed with myself that i forgot to do a loaf in the bm to go with it
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bexbex
    bexbex Posts: 310 Forumite
    Well I'm waiting for my £150 tesco delivery to get here.. although in this snow I don't know if it'll make it!!!

So here's a pic of my doggy enjoying the snow for the first time to look at (lol)

n785429851_2031969_5057.jpg
    Starting my DMP Journey.
  • Hi, Please put me down for £130 This month,although I start work on the 9th and don't know how I will ajust to that.
    I would really like to come in under £120 but we will see :undecided .

I have spent about £60 so far in my Asda home delivery ,I get one every two weeks.
  • achieved last months £340 vs a budget of £350 . will stick to £350 as unable to bargain hunt as off sick with slipped disc and cant walk round the shops. husband is the cook but im shopping on line and if he doesnt give me a list I end up with just a load of ingredients that he has to invent something with. Off to do the online shop now. TATA
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    Well my target of £150 for January has been (ever so slightly) surpassed - I came in at £250.62! - this was mainly due to DH deciding to 'help' and come shopping with me:mad: . Not wanting to throw this very kind offer back in his face I accepted......and he flung things in the trolly from all four corners of Asda - two weeks running!

So when (if) he offers again, I'm going to try and divert him into doing something else ;) .

If I'm honest, I don't think I would have stayed under budget even if he hadn't come along he help......but would have been a lot nearer my target! I've not managed to get onto the site hardly at all this last month either, so haven't been able to take advantage of your support/advise/recepies etc - but will make sure that I do so from now on.

So with a clean slate for February, I'd like to aim for £180 please.
  • Hi everyone, can i please be put down for £200 for february please, i managed to get loads of whoopsies at mr t"s last week, (first time) all in the freezer now thanks to this site. So im off to a good start this month, well hopefully. January was a disaster as i went well over budget, so im determined to try harder..... Can someone please give me a recipe to make some (easy pastry) for a pie please, ive been looking but i cannot find anything:confused: as i never seem to find the right place
    many thanks x
    Sealed Pot Challenge no. 092
  • Ess-six i understand on the oh coming to 'help' mine is a nightmare and like a kid putting loads in the trolley!!!!

I have done a online tesco shop for wed night - cheapest delivery slot! but it is saying guide price of £135 :eek: I know it will be a little less because of offers etc but still going to be a big one!! The plan is to do this big shop including toilet rolls nappies wipes and other heavy things like tins etc and then i will just top up at the market etc for fruit, veg and meet etc.....will see how i get on..... I cant face the tesco shop on my own as ive got SPD which makes pushing the trolley a nightmare at the moe so thought this might be a good option........

Off to do meal plan for the week and see what i can have for tonight......
    GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
    £2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
    :jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family