MSE News: MSE launches free Credit Club

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still waiting for update and mine was due 8 October. Perhaps MSE have not paid their monthly fees.
  • ccfcforever1987
    Options
    No update on mine either. It was due on the 8th October.

Can anyone from MSE comment on why so many peoples accounts are not updating?

I have an account with Clearscore which I opened within a day or so of the Credit Club launch and that one has updated ok. They use Equifax and so far has been useful. It pointed out I had an unpaid balance with Carphone Warehouse which I did not owe. CW removed the outstanding balance and my credit score and account details were amended in time for me to see them on the update.
  • MSE_Chris
    MSE_Chris Posts: 200 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Like a couple of other users, still awaiting update.
    MABLE wrote: »
    Still waiting for update and mine was due 8 October. Perhaps MSE have not paid their monthly fees.
    No update on mine either. It was due on the 8th October.

Can anyone from MSE comment on why so many peoples accounts are not updating?

I have an account with Clearscore which I opened within a day or so of the Credit Club launch and that one has updated ok. They use Equifax and so far has been useful. It pointed out I had an unpaid balance with Carphone Warehouse which I did not owe. CW removed the outstanding balance and my credit score and account details were amended in time for me to see them on the update.

Hi everyone,

We updated a batch of scores last week for the 1st time. Following this, we've had to make some adjustments and are due to update the remaining batch later this week.

Apologies in the meantime that this has been delayed but you will receive an email once your score has updated.
  • MSE_Chris
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    I joined when it first started and, for no particular reason, just tried to log in and was told it 'hadn't verified my email'.

It said it had sent me a verification email but none has arrived, despite me requesting a re-send several times.

Is it broken, or does it take weekends off?

Hi Biggles,

We had an issue where users with custom domains (work/personal email addresses) were not receiving the verification email. We've now resolved this and you will need to log in and send the verify link again. Hope that helps, just let me know if you have any issues.
  • MSE_Chris
    Options
    Sarahjt16 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm wondering if someone can help. I've logged in and I have a 25% HIT rate but when I log into credit card eligibility I have 80% with Tesco and M&S.
    What does this mean? There is a 25% chance I'll get one of the 80%
    ??
    I'm confused!
    Can anyone enlighten me!
    I'm currently repairing my credit file. I've just completed my mortgage application 3 'moths ago and that's all done and in place.

Hi there,

The hit rate looks at the entire range of cards currently on offer in the market and is saying you will most likely be accepted for 25% of these cards (Tesco and M&S included).

It's there to give you a rough idea on your credit worthiness and how lenders view you.

I hope that explains this better.
  • MABLE
    Options
    Good news my credit score is now available to view. Unfortunately it is just hovering just above poor indicator but never less still in fair territory. It has dropped by 16 points since last month. I can only think it is because of my stoozing. I do not have any mortgage and accounts always paid on time.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As you can now register with Experian and get score free, maybe the MSE CC isn't as important if its the score you are checking.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 October 2016 at 2:50PM
    Options
    redux wrote: »

The credit utilisation shown for me is just plain wrong, saying 60%. In the last 12 months it has fluctuated between 8 and 30%, never above 20% in 6 months, and is currently about 15%
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »

I wonder if you've misread this section? The 60% figure is not dynamic it is part of the editorial explanation. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you were highlighting that your Utilisation figure was showing as Poor / Very Poor?

redux wrote: »

If MSE hope to cover their costs of this by later earning money from referrals of new applications, some algorithms need tightening up. I've been previously rated by MSE's online checker as 0 and 90% likely to get a certain credit card, even with both those results on the same day. One would encourage and one would discourage. (90% probably the correct one as I already have an account there.)
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    It sounds like here that the details you entered on the eligibility tools were different. The way the tools work is that they only contact the bureau per individual once every 30 days. So if you login again later that day, you score should show the same (as its based on the same bureau information).

Updates (this morning):

The credit utilisation has improved to so-so, but when I click the button below to have it explained it has a dial 100% coloured in green (previously 60%).

That's a little odd, given that depending on the exact date chosen, the aggregate balance outstanding might be a little higher.

As for the eligibility test, this trait of showing 0% and 90% for the same cards in different categories has now appeared in the credit club account, having previously been in the older online eligibility test.

As I already replied, this is with the same numbers entered, and even when logged in on the same session.

So paradoxically my so-called hit rate has just improved slightly, but the probabilities of each card are mostly exactly the same but a few have dropped to zero on some tabs.

Overall, looking at this and the other two free sites, I'm viewing the results as not very meaningful.
  • MABLE
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Good news my credit score is now available to view. Unfortunately it is just hovering just above poor indicator but never less still in fair territory. It has dropped by 16 points since last month. I can only think it is because of my stoozing. I do not have any mortgage and accounts always paid on time.

Just had my Clear score report published and credit score in their eyes has gone up by 43 this month and they have the exact information as Experian.
  • frankdk
    Options
    Hi Dan,
    When do you expect that users will be able to edit the information they have entered? My salary has changed since I joined, and I had accidentally enter incorrect information that I'd like to correct.
    Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport