PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    The other bit is to survive yourself. For the funeral any offers of "Can I bring anything" - 99% of the time, "cake" is a splendid answer, unless you have more detailed instructions.

The deceased is at rest. Many novice Executors can fumble on that little essential. LLL, please look after *yourself* too! Those who still live, still need you too.

On a completely different note, a pal currently doing a first aid course confirms torniquets are coming back into acceptable use (in very unexpected circumstances), but are *not* usual First Aid At Work. If you're on a first aid course, it can't hurt to ask & has to be a bit safer than some enthusiast-with-an-app.
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    :wave:

Hello.

Anybody there?
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Si_Clist wrote: »
    :wave:

Hello.

Anybody there?
    :p Shhhh! I'm trying to organise a freegle pickup (they're lost in the 'hood, this could end badly) and sort out me supper.

If the world needs to end right now, it'll have to take a ticket and stand in line, I'm busy.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If the world ends, I still need a bit of a break, so I'm having one :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • GreyQueen
    edited 9 January 2017 at 7:07PM
    Karmacat wrote: »
    If the world ends, I still need a bit of a break, so I'm having one :)
    :T Too right. I know where my tank driver fake fur hat with the ear-flaps and my y@xtr@x are, so if blizzard conditions reach this far south, I should be OK. Only a 5 minute toddle from home to t'office (I tried commuting once for five days and decided I didn't like it).

Incoming freegler somewhere in the neighbourhood, hopefully the locals won't scare them away. Shoebox Towers, where even the police alsations go in pairs........... :rotfl:

ETA; freegler been and gone (she brought a body-guard, must have known the neighbourhood's rep) so I can now make a couple of phonecalls and organise supper before the TEOTWAWKI.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The press are full of lurid headlines about snow reaching most parts of the country by Friday but when you actually look at the BBC forecast and/or the Met Office (because they often seem to be completely different even though the Beeb supposedly gets its forecasts from the Met Office) the are no snow symbols on the little icons showing the weather:huh:

I will make sure I have milk in the freezer - can't do without my cuppa! - then hunker down for the duration. Don't fancy another fracture any time soon
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Si_Clist
    Si_Clist Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I'm despondent. When I make my breakfast porridge, I use organic rolled oats, tap water and the cheapest table salt I can buy. Total number of ingredients = 3.

I see that according to the current Waitrose comic, I've got it all wrong. Their recipe for a bowl of porridge lists 15 ingredients, three of which I've never heard of.

Oh, what it must be like to have sophisticated tastes ...

:embarasse
    A positive attitude won't solve all your problems, but with luck it'll annoy enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
  • It can't end yet there's some decent rugby to watch on Saturday and Sunday this week. Sorry, it will have to be next week instead, hope no one has strong objections to a weeks delay?
  • GreyQueen
    :p You get the waytrose comic? There's posh for you.

Porridge with 15 ingredients? Heck, I don't think I've ever cooked anything with so many things in it, even if it's a proper recipe.

I am now about to start supper. First, I will retrieve two home-grown potatoes from the sack in the bedroom. They will be irradiated and served with butter and a salad. That will make the third salad of the day. I will also have some sardines with them, as I am phasing out the very large cans of sardines and moving into hoarding small cans.

After all, if the leccy's down, refrigerating fish wouldn't be do-able.

Onwards!
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The world can end, for all I care. My three-week cough bug has now turned into a ripsnorting cold... and I'm usually the picture of health. Off to bed now, it's warm up there!
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure