PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :eek: Blimey!

You sure these were ordinary moggies and not some kind of wild cat?!

One of my pals in the Highlands has a demonic-looking black cat which may well be one of those Scottish wildcat/ dom cat hybrids. It's got its file at the vets flagged as Dangerous. I've seen pix and it's a bigger beggar and has got those triangular yellow eyes like they draw on demons in manga cartoons - truly scary.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • GreyQueen wrote: »
    She had to get the pest controller in.

Or she could've got an air rifle. :)
    Cats are the business when it comes to pest control.

I concur.

Buggalugs is an excellent mouser.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 July 2017 at 11:16PM
    Jazee wrote: »
    No chance of getting a cat here - the dogs won't like it

I'm in the reverse situation.

Buggalugs won't tolerate any other animals, be they dogs, cats or whatever.

She's had a set-to, with pretty much every other animal in the street.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi De-lurking, farmers don't like cats because they can pee on the straw and hay which does pass toxoplasmosis onto animals (mainly sheep) and cause them to abort.

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There is an article on prepping that may be of interest, in yesterday's Daily Telegraph magazine supplement. (Must say I was surprised to find anything worth reading there.) Anyway, a mixed bag, writer starts with facetious comments, but ends seemingly with the opinion that if rich, successful and intelligent people throughout the world are making plans for when SHTF, there must be something in it.

So you

1. Still read a Newspaper and believe what's written? :rotfl:
    2. Rich people have so much money they have to be told how to spend it.
    3. By others (scumbags\entrepeneurs\lowlife)

Let me guess.

You wake, take a morning walk to the "newsagent"
    Come home
    Read paper with cup of tea.
    Come on here with SHTF -in your case the "newsagent is shut?" scenarios.

LOL
  • Whatever anyone anywhere in the world is doing or not doing in preparedness for events that may or may not happen at least we here on the thread are taking some action, taking some interest in the future and making contingency plans for things to go wrong that will effect us and not just sitting at home thinking someone else will sort it all out and make it better without us having to lift a finger. Those who put the future in the hands of others and those who fling derision at us because we do think ahead may or may not be in the right of it, I think I'd rather take charge of my own future as much as I can and feel just a little in charge of what happens to us because I'm absolutely certain that when the chips really are down it WILL be every man for himself and damn the rest of you!!!
  • blindman :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Every one of your assumptions is incorrect.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    :) No information or opinion is degraded by the context in which it appears, even the Torygraph has some interesting stuff. I forage there online among many other places, electronic and terrestrial, conventional left-wing, conventional right-wing and bat-s**t crazy alt media. Hell, I even read the FT from time to time............ :rotfl:

Scoffers can scoff to their hearts' content but bad things happen to the un-prepared which the preptastic will just be shrugging off nonchalantly as they reach for their stores.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    pineapple wrote: »
    Some new cars these days come with a silly little undersize spare tyre which can only be used temporarily and with speed restrictions. So you have to have it changed twice. Totally pointless.
    maryb wrote: »
    the whole of Bromley is without water because of a burst water main. All the borough schools have been sent home.

I have several large water storage canisters but I can't remember when I last changed the water ooops! Lesson in need for organisation. At least we can use it for washing if not drinking.

Thames Water is going to give an update at 4.30. Doesn't look like we'll get the water back on anytime soon
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) No information or opinion is degraded by the context in which it appears, even the Torygraph has some interesting stuff. I forage there online among many other places, electronic and terrestrial, conventional left-wing, conventional right-wing and bat-s**t crazy alt media. Hell, I even read the FT from time to time............ :rotfl:

Scoffers can scoff to their hearts' content but bad things happen to the un-prepared which the preptastic will just be shrugging off nonchalantly as they reach for their stores.
    s
    Which they will find is

1 Rank as they have not tested it.
    2 Never thought t hat ITSHTF there will be no one to change a tyre :rotfl:

Laughable
  • How terribly sad that if TS really did hit TF then quite likely the internet would be down and possibly never be available again and who would there be to scoff at and ridicule then? How thirsty would an individual have to be to contemplate using stored water??? how far from civilisation with no lighting and no help would they have to be to be grateful that at least they had one of the tiny tyred spare wheels and a manual jack and spider brace to change the punctured wheel with and perhaps manage to complete the journey, OR that individual could just sit and laugh at anyone who did either of those things while civilisation went down around their ears like the Titanic.....and the band played on .....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure