Matalan sale - now 70% off

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    First time I've been to the first day of the Matalan sale and haven't had to queue half way around the shop to pay.
    Was there anything worth having?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • flashnazia
    flashnazia Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Was there anything worth having?

I don't know about London but I was in the dewsbury store at 7am today and I don't know why I bothered!
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • shell820810
    shell820810 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Got my order today. Very well packed with oodles of bubble wrap. Got a separate text for each box making up the order. But some of the items missing - they sent me nearly all of the plastic storage boxes I ordered but omitted to include most of the lids!! :eek::eek:

Hopefully Matalan CS will sort it out.

Still some great bargains, thanks OP. :)

Double check the description-some of the boxes i was looking at had lids in the photo but the reviews said they didnt have lids.
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Double check the description-some of the boxes i was looking at had lids in the photo but the reviews said they didnt have lids.

Thanks, unfortunately now gone from the website as OOS. Looked at the cached descriptions but no reviews at all.

Doesn't make sense though. We are getting ready to move so I ordered 5 red boxes and 10 blue boxes. They have sent me 14 boxes and 6 lids! The cached description for the red boxes specifically mentions a lid. The cached description for the blue boxes doesn't mention a lid, but there is a lid in the photo and the description refers to the 'bright red and blue colours' - so this implies there is a lid.

CS tried to help when I rang, but as OOS they can only refund & no stock in local store. Ah well, at least I have some complete boxes at a great price!
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • pinkgynn
    pinkgynn Posts: 69
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi , Does anyone know if matalan will be putting their suitcases into the sale?? thanks
  • atarisrocks
    atarisrocks Posts: 645
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    the sale stock is going 75% off in around 2-3 weeks and then up to 90% off around 2-4 weeks after
  • sandy201
    sandy201 Posts: 74 Forumite
    the sale stock is going 75% off in around 2-3 weeks and then up to 90% off around 2-4 weeks after
    Hi,
    Do u know the dates for the further reductions?
    Thank you
  • atarisrocks
    atarisrocks Posts: 645
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dates havent been confirm that i know of but will post when i do
  • sandy201
    Thank you for the reply
  • sandy201
    do u work at matalan