IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SCS Law Letter before claim for multiple PCNs-over £1000!!

Options
Hi all

A few weeks back I received a letter from SCS Law on behalf of UKPC for multiple PCNs for overstaying in a free car park. The letter claimed to be a letter before claim. The total claim was over £1000 including fees added on per ticket.
The dates of the PCNs range from early 2015 and one earlier this year.

I have read the Newbies thread and followed the advice and sent the initial letter to SCS Law as recommended by the thread which tells SCS law that their letter is insufficient according to the Practice Directions. The guidance said to expect a template letter but the letter I received looked tailor made and they also sent a pack containing photos and letters which I didn't expect at all.

I haven't seen any other advice but I wanted to be sure that the advice in the thread regarding responding to Letters before claim was still up to date (have the practice directions changed for example) and whether to still follow through with the second letter as described or if any of you have any other advice that could help?

Many many thanks.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport