Strange outgoing on debit card

Hi All,
New to the forum so hopefully this is the correct place to post. I am after some advice.

I recently got a new phone a few weeks ago and have only just got round to setting up my online banking. So I have been having a look through my latest transactions and noticed some strange outgoings as follows;

06/03 - £5.00 "cash advance"
09/03 - £10.00 "cash advance"
13/03 - £10.00 "cash advance"
14/03 - £10.00 "cash advance"

I have never seen this kind of transactions before, and looking up on google it is some sort of credit card term, which perplexes me even more as I have never owned a credit card. (These transactions are from a debit card current account.)

The term "cash advance" is used in both the description and category. The only categories I have ever seen before are "card" "direct debit" and "transfer."

Does anybody have a clue what these transactions are as I for the life of me cant think of anything!

Cheers,
Dean.

Comments

• Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cashback at a shop?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's quite likely that Rainbowgirl is correct, but if you tell us which bank and card it is then somebody will probably have that card and be able to tell you exactly what the transactions are.
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Why haven't you asked your bank? Surely that is the best way to answer this question.
  • Badger27
    Badger27 Posts: 11 Forumite
    I believe Cash Advance is what my statement shows if I've transferred money in to my online betting account, is that a possibility?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    As these 4 transactions have all been made within the last 10 days, it is somewhat difficult to believe that you can't remember what they were for. The last 2 were made yesterday and the day before yesterday (in terms of the date of the OP). Is your memory really that bad?
  • cooltt
    cooltt Posts: 852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    As these 4 transactions have all been made within the last 10 days, it is somewhat difficult to believe that you can't remember what they were for. The last 2 were made yesterday and the day before yesterday (in terms of the date of the OP). Is your memory really that bad?

That's why i never responded, talking crap, he knows exactly what their for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure