I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• anna_1977 wrote: »
    Back to work this week AC :(

Keep telling myself only 5 weeks till summer holidays and 8 weeks off :T:T

It's a bit daunting isn't it - surrounded by boxes and if you're like me, most uninspiring!

My eldest daughter is home for Uni today, she's finished forever - 4 years in Newcastle done and dusted - very exciting new chapter of her life about to start. She'll be moving abroad after the summer so that will be hard for me.

x

Hope it all works out for your daughter ( I'm sure it will :))
    It reminds me of the company I just left . There was a nice pretty lady who at the time had just left uni and worked in that company. She was working in the best dept . Her work involves going abroad for business now and again . She is always one of the first in the morning
    She always says hello and is so easy going . Very professional .
    I made sure to tell her that she was the best person in the company ( apart from me obviously ) . She must be there about 5 years now .
    If your daughter can get a similar break , all will be well.
    One of my sisters is a teacher for children with certain learning difficulties . She loves the job but is so busy . I think she's back to work also .
  • Mmmm
    So hear I am sitting down ( again) , looking at what's left in the bedroom. Those large plastic crates although labelled , can help me see what's in front of me . Millions of carrier bags are beginning to disappear. Shoe boxes will have to go under the bed for now . I have 3 boxes of vinyl . Annoying really in a way .
    Back in the mid '80s when cd first came out , I alongside many others started buying those and ended up selling vinyl or keeping the stuff with great artwork sleeves etc. I used to collect vinyl , and made a killing selling the valuable stuff. The stuff I have left is not worth too much in the scheme of things and I do wonder at this moment if I should just get rid and buy it again on cd and download . I still prefer having a physical cd .
    More cardboard is being folded . It's stop start at the moment . This medication makes you feel sick now and again .
    May go to the chippy later. Haven't been out yet . Hopefully next week the place will be much better and I will have a home for everything .
    Then hopefully I can go to the gym etc
  • I forgot to mention, I had to go to post office to collect a letter that had £2 surcharge to pay as there was no stamp on envelope.
    It was from mr. Carpet . It was an invoice for outstanding balance which I duly paid . In with the invoice was a flyer telling me I could get the spare offcuts converted into rugs/ mats . I think they could change the colour . Most definitely worth doing . I have a fair bit left over. When my flat is decluttered it is something I will look into
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    We have weekly bin collections down in deepest Cornwall.

Another one who has got rid of loads on freecycle - beds, sofa beds etc., and furniture. It's great and costs nothing! Also feel I am doing my bit for people who are struggling or just setting up home together.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hope it all works out for your daughter ( I'm sure it will :))
    It reminds me of the company I just left . There was a nice pretty lady who at the time had just left uni and worked in that company. She was working in the best dept . Her work involves going abroad for business now and again . She is always one of the first in the morning
    She always says hello and is so easy going . Very professional .
    I made sure to tell her that she was the best person in the company ( apart from me obviously ) . She must be there about 5 years now .
    If your daughter can get a similar break , all will be well.
    One of my sisters is a teacher for children with certain learning difficulties . She loves the job but is so busy . I think she's back to work also .

Thanks AC, daughters degree was languages; french, Spanish and Chinese - have already spent a year in China for Uni she's back off there long term - hopefully she ends up working somewhere pleasant and professional !!
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Thanks AC, daughters degree was languages; french, Spanish and Chinese - have already spent a year in China for Uni she's back off there long term - hopefully she ends up working somewhere pleasant and professional !!

Chinese takeaway ? Pret A Manger ? Bullfighting is not recommended
  • anna_1977
    Chinese takeaway ? Pret A Manger ? Bullfighting is not recommended
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lets hope the £42k of debt is put to more use than that!
  • another_casualty
    I'm sure it will be :)

So, I thought I'd play some music via you tube on Apple TV .
    Apple TV is frozen . Must be another poxy needless update .
    I found out a few possible solutions, but none work of course.
    Just as well I found another remote from my old one . That works.
    I'll give it a few days before I complain to Apple .
  • anna_1977
    I'm sure it will be :)

So, I thought I'd play some music via you tube on Apple TV .
    Apple TV is frozen . Must be another poxy needless update .
    I found out a few possible solutions, but none work of course.
    Just as well I found another remote from my old one . That works.
    I'll give it a few days before I complain to Apple .

Hmm I have apple tv and they've never frozen

On another note, did you know you can download the apple remote app to your iphone
  • another_casualty
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Hmm I have apple tv and they've never frozen

On another note, did you know you can download the apple remote app to your iphone

Thanks Anna . Yes I have that :)
    It's a common problem apparently. All this stuff is great when functioning properly . Pita when not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure