cexmarkets.com / Fyremount Group

Options
Zoea
Zoea Posts: 38 Forumite
edited 28 July 2017 at 2:29PM in Savings & investments
Hi there
This outfit does high frequency binary options trading and called me today after I entered my information a month or so ago. I am wondering if anyone else uses them / can vouch for them?

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true.

I couldn't find anything interesting on either company on google, other than Fyremount seems to be a marketing company for investors, looks a bit dodgy, not sure.

I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts).

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
Zoea

Comments

• msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you had the secret of making 30%, would you be selling the means to make that to other people for a (relative) pittance, or would you keep it all to yourself?

If you had some scheme that failed to make this sort of return, and was probably more likely to lose you money, would you put your own money into it, or sell the idea to the gullible?
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This outfit does high frequency binary options trading and called me today after I entered my information a month or so ago. I am wondering if anyone else uses them / can vouch for them?

No-one on this forum. This forum is for people with savings / investments, so you won't find anyone who lost all their savings trying to get rich quick.
    It seems too good to be true.

You are correct.
    I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts). I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%

There are lots of other options between low risk / low reward and high risk / no reward. A diversified portfolio of stocks and shares won't get you rich quick but it will allow you to beat inflation over the long term, and you won't lose your shirt unless you panic, borrow to invest or make similarly basic mistakes.

Beware of any other phone calls you get trying to sell you investment schemes - you are on a suckers' list as of a month or so ago.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Zoea wrote: »
    Hi there

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true.

I couldn't find anything interesting on either company on google, other than Fyremount seems to be a marketing company for investors, looks a bit dodgy, not sure.

I have 15 - 23k to invest. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts).

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
    Zoea

If their system is so good, why don't they keep it to themselves and make a fortune, rather than sell it to other [STRIKE]mugs[/STRIKE] people?

Stop taking their calls.

And don't take any more calls from people offering you some magic [STRIKE]beans[/STRIKE] get rich quick system.

If you want to invest, do some research into mainstream investments in funds in an S&S ISA with a reputable company.
  • Zoea
    Zoea Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone, sensible advice.

Just for the sake of argument, anyone use em? lol
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi there

They say they have 2.2 ish % returns MONTHLY on their ALPHA CX 1000 binary trading product, with 30.8% return last year. The guy on the phone quoted 9-12% return. It seems too good to be true. Hahahahahahaha I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. And some [STRIKE]swamp land [/STRIKE]prime farming land

I have 15 - 23k to [STRIKE]invest[/STRIKE] gamble. I'm also thinking cryptocurrency markets (bitcoin / eth or selected alts) to gamble with.

I could also leave it in the bank for 1.5%... or 100 other things, why such a binary choice (no pun intended) judging by the comments here you are the experts, what should I do?

thanks
    Zoea

Corrected a few of your typos, and what you meant to write.

You should determine your long term goals for this investment and then derive your strategy from that.
  • OldMusicGuy
    OldMusicGuy Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As someone relatively new to this forum, I have observed there tend to be a lot of posts from first time posters saying "Hey I just got a great offer of amazing returns way above market rates from xyz company, anyone use them?" A cynic might suspect that these posters might have some connection to xyz company and are trying to create search hits for their offerings.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As someone relatively new to this forum, I have observed there tend to be a lot of posts from first time posters saying "Hey I just got a great offer of amazing returns way above market rates from xyz company, anyone use them?" A cynic might suspect that these posters might have some connection to xyz company and are trying to create search hits for their offerings.

That is perfectly possible, but if they want to create search hits to a forum that is popular enough that it often rises straight to the top of Google rankings for dodgy investments (for example), where potential [STRIKE]marks[/STRIKE] investors can click through and see a swarm of people saying "don't do it, you idiot", I think we should let them knock themselves out.

Of course a lot of people don't bother Googling these scams but we can only help those who want to be helped.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone, sensible advice.

Just for the sake of argument, anyone use em? lol

Did you read any of the replies? Why would anyone use an outfit where we're guaranteed to lose money
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Malthusian wrote: »
    No-one on this forum. This forum is for people with savings / investments, so you won't find anyone who lost all their savings trying to get rich quick.
    Unfortunately that's not true (although I know what you're getting at), there have been many threads featuring posters bemoaning how they've lost their life savings by putting them into some dodgy speculative investment opportunity that sounded too good to be true but they went ahead anyway - naivety and greed aren't often a happy combination....
  • Gambler101
    Gambler101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Run a mile OP!!!

If you really want a better return than a savings account, and are prepared to accept a medium level of risk, then look at investing in the stock market buy getting a tracker fund or managed fund by a reputable UK firm.

Investing in Crypto-currently is extremely high risk and you could end up with a huge profit, or wipe out most of your entire savings within days/weeks/months.
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX :D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure