PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Veggie sides to go with gamey meats?

Hi :)

I've read a lot of threads on this board, and also picked up a lot of tips - thanks! - so I am fairly confident someone will be able to help me out here ;)

A recent day trip out had me visiting a rather luxurious farm shop whereby I managed to pick up some rather "exotic" meat products - kangaroo, buffalo, ostrich, wild boar etc - which are now languishing in my freezer, awaiting one of my infamous parties!

The meat products are in the form of burgers, sausages and steaks which I intend to cook rather plainly (grill, fry, bbq etc) so we can experience the different flavours and textures, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what carbs/veggies I should make to compliment the gamey meats.

I'm an "average" cook who likes to experiment, so not afraid to try anything a little unusual/difficult, and my intended [strike]victims[/strike] recipients are game (haha!) for trying new foods :D(don't think they have spotted my new snail farm yet tho ;) )

I would, if possible, like to incorporate some freshly harvested beetroot into the menu, but other than that, anything goes and I have a very well-stocked storecupboard so give me what you got! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure