HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016

Well... It's that time of year again! :eek:

Thought I'd start a thread after last years long wait for repayments, hopefully we will receive our repayments quicker this year???? :D

So I've submitted mine today, 6th April at 8am. I will post updates as and when...

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    I always thought the advice was not to do it straightaway as its more likely to be held up by security checks.
  • Nikkio16
    Nikkio16 Posts: 18 Forumite
    No idea, always have done it on the 6th, this is the 11th year now and repayment timeframe ranges from 5 days to 6 weeks!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Nikkio16 wrote: »
    No idea, always have done it on the 6th, this is the 11th year now and repayment timeframe ranges from 5 days to 6 weeks!

Do you mean a paper return? It's only in the last year or two that it's been possible to complete SA online as early as the 6th.
  • I did one at 10am today online so ill post once i know more.
  • Nikkio16
    Nikkio16 Posts: 18 Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Do you mean a paper return? It's only in the last year or two that it's been possible to complete SA online as early as the 6th.

That's funny... Been doing mine online since 2011?! I must be special...

And yes, prior to that I completed paper returns.

Thanks for that useful informative post though...
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Nikkio16 wrote: »
    That's funny... Been doing mine online since 2011?! I must be special...

And yes, prior to that I completed paper returns.

Thanks for that useful informative post though...

I last did a return in 2013 and I don't believe it was possible to submit as early as the 6th then, so while I don't deny that you've been doing yours online since 2011 I do doubt that you submitted it on the 6th that long ago. But hey, no doubt HMRC provide a special link to special people.
  • peachy28
    peachy28 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Filled my self assessment at 2pm today 6th, will let you know when it gets processed. Hoping it's quick and no botch ups like last year. :j
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    away to do mine tonight :)
  • Petra31
    Petra31 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hello,I filled my self assessment yesterday at 9am 6th April I checking today and say pending.....
  • today the repayment was available to be requested although it isnt very much they have reduced the figure to what was showing yesterday, think its to do with NI payments this year.

says repayment can take 2-4 weeks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure