PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Cheapskate wrote: »
    Morning all

We have to buy 4 new tyres for the car, will be close to £200, but they're only just legal and I'm dreading icy roads, so will have to pare down the budget the next couple of weeks.

A xo

O..o..o.... just read an articule on tyre's...... they are now going to be rated like washer's 'en other stuff, the 2 I can remember are how much fuel it will save/use and if it better for wet/dry condition's so you match the tyre's to the most common weather you get. Hope I'v explaned it well:o

And happy new thread everyone.

And have a nice wedding stiltwalker
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • Bigjenny
    Bigjenny Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Have edited post Lyn xx:rotfl::rotfl:
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • I'm going north for a few days next week -staying at Plockton but will be visiting Skye and Applecross Inn for lunch. Beautiful country.
    My fav campsite around Fort William Fuddle is Red Squirrel - it's really cheap, usually full of bikers who always have a fantastic time and are great at keeping the kids entertained, and there's a great pub just along the road.
    WCS
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I agree that Scotland has the best scenery in Europe if not the world- but then I'm biased ;) Yes Mallaig is gorgeous, white sand and turquoise sea.
    I want a scone too please, can I have the bottom half on jam and the top half buttered :D and a huuuge pot of tea.
    I had lots of things to say from the previous page but its all gone - I only got as far as the scone really..
  • Morning everyone, love the shiney new thread.:j
    I got back home at tea time last night and just unloaded the storecupboard shopping from the car and dumped it in the back room. Was too shattered to put it away so it is still there. think i will need to rearrange the apocalypse cupboard to find space for it all. :o OH made some teasing comments about it all but we sat down a few weeks ago and I explained that my job could cut my work at any time (zero hour contract as a support worker, if my client has an accident or just decided she doesn't want me I haven't any work).
    OH has invited a friend and his girlfriend to stay tonight as there is a bonfire party we are all going too. I'm annnoyed as the house is a filthy mess and he doesn't seem to understand that i'm embarressed about it. There is no way that I can clean it all myself before this afternoon. Think I'll just swish the bathroom and run the hoover round and that will have to do.
    The important things to do are walk pooches and clean out a fish tank. :D

Fuddle re wellies. The way we always clean the kids rubber riding boots for shows is as follows: Hose boots down, wash in a bucket of warm water with a dollop of horse or dog shampoo added to get rid of horse grease (you prob won't need to do this), buff dry with an old towel then a spray of furniture polish and buff to shine! Very MSE!
  • kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Aria tail - I know that feeling so well :)

Mardatha - hope Earl Grey is ok, we are out of normal tea. :)
  • jem132
    jem132 Posts: 511 Forumite
    Sorry bit of a rant ex just turned up to give the boys a magazine and he's bought a cbeebies one for ds8 what planet does he live on .
    I have dyslexia so I apologize for my spelling and grammar
  • Kittie, that's a fab article, thank you very much. I try to feed him well at home, as much as he objects, but work is the problem. his meals are provided and are pretty cack eg. pie and chips, pastie and chips,

It's a beautiful day here, bright blue sky, sun, cold with a slight breeze, very crisp :) hope it's the same where stiltwalker is.

fuddle, love the accomodation, caravan holidays hold the best memories for me :) b

hope today brings lots of smiles for you all xxx lisa xxx
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite

Fuddle re wellies. The way we always clean the kids rubber riding boots for shows is as follows: Hose boots down, wash in a bucket of warm water with a dollop of horse or dog shampoo added to get rid of horse grease (you prob won't need to do this), buff dry with an old towel then a spray of furniture polish and buff to shine! Very MSE!

:D thanks. I tried the olive oil last night and it didn't really do anything for them. Off I go to wash the olive oil off in dog shampoo and then pledge 'em (I wish, tesco value 30oddp stuff ;) )

In my grandma's day did they use a polishing solution, or just a feather duster?
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    fuddle wrote: »
    :D

In my grandma's day did they use a polishing solution, or just a feather duster?

My grandma never used polish. She just rubbed the furniture very hard with a duster. Looked immaculate and very shiny. They made them tough in them days :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure