How long does Wonga take to send welcome letter?

2»

Comments

• I hope they don't send one to me. My sister opens my mail if I don't get to it first and then has a massive go at me for not having any money. Even though she shouldn't be opening my mail and she's only annoyed because she won't be able to borrow money off me.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I hope they don't send one to me. My sister opens my mail if I don't get to it first and then has a massive go at me for not having any money. Even though she shouldn't be opening my mail and she's only annoyed because she won't be able to borrow money off me.

Maybe your sister has a point.

Why get a loan from wonga ?
  • I hope they don't send one to me. My sister opens my mail if I don't get to it first and then has a massive go at me for not having any money. Even though she shouldn't be opening my mail and she's only annoyed because she won't be able to borrow money off me.

Gotta love 12 year old older sisters!!
  • Surely there was an alternative to getting a loan for £12. Surely you've got a family member of friend that is willing to give you £12 rather than use these sharks?

Regarding the letter, I think most of their communications are via emails now a days.

While I'm not one to advocate violence, however should my sister or anyone else ever open my mail, I would think about giving them a swift kick where the sun doesn't shine.:eek:
    You may question anything I say. Just be polite, otherwise you go straight on to my Ignore List, which funds a good old fashioned knees-up every Xmas. Cheers;)
  • chrisuren wrote: »
    Surely there was an alternative to getting a loan for £12. Surely you've got a family member of friend that is willing to give you £12 rather than use these sharks?

Regarding the letter, I think most of their communications are via emails now a days.
    The OP with the £12 loan was 18 months ago, suspect they're not still waiting for the welcome letter.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The OP with the £12 loan was 18 months ago, suspect they're not still waiting for the welcome letter.

Hope they made teh repayments or they could be owing a few million by now from that initial few quid!
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    I hope they don't send one to me. My sister opens my mail if I don't get to it first and then has a massive go at me for not having any money. Even though she shouldn't be opening my mail and she's only annoyed because she won't be able to borrow money off me.
    It would seem that good slap might be in order here. She has a damn cheek and needs to be told so in no uncertain terms. Alternatively, receiving a few of her letters already opened might ram home the point.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family