Parcelforce - Saturday Delivery???????

Hi Guys,

i'm hoping someone can help me on this one.
I am awaiting a package from China and it's arrived in the UK today, so should normally be delivered the next day (in my experience using Parcelforce, this is how it usually is).

But tracking shows delivery date as Monday.

Do Parcelforce not deliver on Saturdays?

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Unfortunately Parcelforce do not deliver at weekends.
    Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Live is AWESOME!!
    2009 Sealed Pot Challenge Banked £100
    Comp wins: Shearer Candles (£43)
    Depressed, dieting, binge-eater with gastric bypass. What's your problem?:cheesy:
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Parcelforce do (or can) deliver on Saturdays, there's a surcharge though. Surcharge is paid by sender, not sure if you can get them to do it if you pay them yourself. They do sometimes (quite rare, usually Xmas time and around bank holidays) deliver on a Saturday without being asked/told to.

If you've got the parcel number and know which depot its at, you could possibly collect.
  • RFW wrote: »
    Parcelforce do (or can) deliver on Saturdays, there's a surcharge though. Surcharge is paid by sender, not sure if you can get them to do it if you pay them yourself. They do sometimes (quite rare, usually Xmas time and around bank holidays) deliver on a Saturday without being asked/told to.

If you've got the parcel number and know which depot its at, you could possibly collect.

Good idea, didn't think of that!

Thank you.:smiley:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    most likely not there yet but no harm in calling
  • ZARA
    ZARA Posts: 255 Forumite
    parcel force is a nightmare!!! had a parcel sent on the 1st of september still not recieved, it arrived in the uk last week & is just sitting at the depot, & its a nightmare gettin through to birmingham depot as they dont have a aleternative number on SAYNOTO0870 & you have to hold for 45 mins before a real person comes on!!!!
  • custardy
    why is it held? customs charge?
  • RFW wrote: »

No luck i'm afraid...............couldn't even get through to my local depot on the phone to arrange collection :rolleyes:.

You can arrange collection via their website but that's showing up as Tuesday being the date i can collect.........so i'll rather just wait for delivery (which will hopefully be tomorrow).
  • custardy
    you have to remember the national number is there to save numerous calls at depots.
    we get the same with people calling us.we have no dedicated call handlers so its just get through as many as you can inbetween jobs.
    could the national PF CS not help with info?
  • custardy wrote: »
    could the national PF CS not help with info?[/quote]

(Clicked wrong button & thanked you by mistake.:o :D)

Couldn't get through to customer Services either. But hopefully i'll get the package tomorrow, as the tracking states Mon 17th as delivery day.

It's a bit frustrating that Parcelforce don't deliver on Saturdays though - but at least i know this for sure now.
  • SPANIEL36
    SPANIEL36 Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    DHL dont either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills