That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Finally heard back from the Hali about how much we can overpay - took them over a month to reply grrrr. Now I've got to get organised and sort out how much we can afford and how much we need to put aside for Xmas.

My heids mince at the moment as we say up here, as I've got another cold and cough which is lingering on. Its the kind of cough that starts to get worse when my head hits the pillow so am knackered too. Think I'll need to triple check any financial calculations I do :o.

Have done some Xmas shopping but not in an organised way so I've ended up buying wee things when I've seen them and I think 'ooh that would be good for x' so some folk have several presents and others have none yet. MUST GET ORGANISED - loud note to self.

We had a bit of a spendy Sunday, went out to the cinema and saw the James Bond film - good fun nonsense. Had a pizza first but its not very often we go out like that, think that might be the second time this year :D.

Mortgage has updated online and is now £27,710 so looking forward to getting it down further.

Did some interviews at work today so thats extra work which will come in handy as the tax bill will be due soon :eek: :p.

Watching Jamies 15 minute meals and getting hungry though he doesnt cook much I can eat and I'm finding him annoying these days. Off to look for something for tea!
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hiya teapot, can't believe I missed you back posting in your diary again!! :hello: I don't seem to get much time on MSE these days, just quick dips in & out.

Hope your back & achilles are improving, can't be nice having to hobble about, especially in this weather. Well done on the weight loss, that's a fantastic amount to lose!! :T Hope puss cat's tail is fully recovered, poor thing. Our cat spends most of his time snoozing by the radiator & rarely ventures out these days but I've noticed a couple of 'strangers' mooching about lately so hope he doesn't get into any fights when he does go out.

Good luck with the mortgage OP, can't believe the Hali took that long to let you know how much you could overpay. I did a sneaky wee OP last month but have had lots of outgoings lately so won't be able to do another one for a while :( Just realised I haven't even checked the mortgage balance since the last payment went out ~ must do that now!!

Anyway, glad you're back posting, hope the cough & cold goes away soon & you feel better :D
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • teapot2
    Hi Poppy :hello:, lovely to hear from you. You sound busy these days and shame you're not able to make many OPs at the moment - I miss OPs when I can't do them and the total goes down so slowly :p.

Our cat is also glued to the radiator tho he still goes out in the evening for a wee look and wander. He has a chair next to the rad which has a cushion pad on it like the others, then he has his own cushion on top which he has made very furry. He doesn't really ask to go out much in the day now its so cold, its a sort of cat hibernation and his coat is extra fluffy. Hope your cat doesn't get into any scraps. I'm sure people think I'm weird but if I hear ours fighting I go out and stop it but I think of the vets bill when I'm doing it!

I'm still hobbling a bit but its not as bad thank goodness, got GP appt on Tuesday to see about referral for steroid injection. My cold is a bit better too and I'm not keeping myself awake with coughing at night. I sound like a right crock at the moment but hopefully am on the mend :o.

Wonder if the Hali are trying to discourage us from doing an OP by delaying their reply :eek:
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    teapot2 wrote: »
    Wonder if the Hali are trying to discourage us from doing an OP by delaying their reply :eek:

As if they would do such a thing!! ;):rotfl:

Did you get one of those outdoor cat shelters that Piq mentioned on her diary?? I can't decide whether to get one as our puss cat doesn't seem to like going into small spaces & I don't want to spend £50 (shelter, cushion, p&p) & him not use it!!
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • teapot2
    pink_poppy wrote: »
    As if they would do such a thing!! ;):rotfl:

Did you get one of those outdoor cat shelters that Piq mentioned on her diary?? I can't decide whether to get one as our puss cat doesn't seem to like going into small spaces & I don't want to spend £50 (shelter, cushion, p&p) & him not use it!!

Guess I'm just tooooo cynical about banks ;).

Am thinking I might get a cat shelter but will wait until the spring as he's hardly outside at the moment. Gives me time to save up and shop around. Mind you this morning he did sit under where his favourite tree was until I chopped it back - bless :rotfl: what a cruel woman I am.

I couldn't put the shelter in a sheltered place IYSWIM as cat will always sit in the highest spot. He likes to sit out in the rain [a lot] and when the garden chairs are on the decking he sits under one but I've had to stack them away as its too windy and they go flying. Hard to know if he would use it so prob wouldn't get the cushion at first. It took him about a month to wiggle through the cat flap in the back gate so I wouldn't expect anything to happen quickly :)
  • teapot2
    Got a washing out and dried today so that was good - better than wet sheets draped everywhere. Bit of a housework day - hoovering and cleaning etc.

Went to Mr As and got shopping for the week but no real bargains to be had :p. Made a big slow cooked stew with lots of veg for OH - should do at least 3 meals hopefully. Was going to make Limoncello but ran out of time - ok, I watched the XFactor final.

OP'd the £500 boiler grant and OH OP'd the same so we are on £26710 now :D. Did some online shopping last night and got the majority of pressies sorted, just a few bits and pieces still to find. Might get a few bits when I'm in the big city tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good week - keep warm, Teapot x
  • teapot2
    Finished work on Friday afternoon :jafter a busy couple of weeks and shall say this very quietly but think I'm ready for Christmas which is unusual for me at this point. All pressies wrapped except for sis but not seeing her till 26th as she is working. All cards sent - just a couple of emails to do to folk whose address we don't have. Whew

We went to Mr T's yesterday and managed to get all the bits for Xmas dinner and the following few days so thats a result. Not too busy either.

Have discovered Nigella's Panettone french toast - nom nom, my eating plan is at risk :o. Not going to avoid carbs over Xmas but will try not to go tooooo off track.

Going to bottle the Limoncello I made tomorrow so need to sterilise some bottles. Got some admin to do for work as well so might try and get that out of the way tomorrow. Can't believe how much rain theres been - feel so sorry for the people who've been flooded, must be awful. Its very windy here now but dry at the moment. Cat had another run in with the same cat that bit him so really hope he doesn't make a habit of coming round to the garden. Don't need any emergency vet visits :eek:

Just in case I don't get back here before Christmas - hope everyone has a peaceful time and enjoys their festivities or whatever you are up to. Merry Christmas when it comes, Teapot xx
  • teapot2
    Had a very nice relaxing Christmas then visited family on Boxing Day and took all the pressies round including the homemade limoncello which went down very well.

Not so good yesterday morning as water from the upstairs bath started coming through the living room ceiling :eek: much to the surprise of the cat who was sitting under it at the time :eek::eek:.
    We've has problems with it before and the builder who installed it was supposed to have sorted it but clearly didn't. Luckily we have a wet room downstairs as well so can use that till its sorted.

Ironically when I'm trying to lose weight we got more chocolate as presents than we've had for years :o. Got some vouchers to buy new clothes which I need to do as my trousers are far too big now and keeping slipping down :o though tops are not too bad.

Need to go shopping tomorrow as we're running out of veg and milk and will make a determined effort Not to buy puddings or cakes........ Will also have to transfer the mortgage money, wonder when it'll go out of the account with the weekend and bank hols?

Cleaned out a kitchen cupboard today and rearranged all the tins :cool:. Bought some cleaner from [EMAIL="L@keland"]L@keland[/EMAIL] which is supposed to work well on grease, used it on the hob which is pretty yucky and the side of the microwave which has big grease splashes. Need to have another go tomorrow as its welded on I think :(. Had a relax after that though and watched Mrs Browns Boys and had some Limoncello - yum.
  • teapot2
    :beer: Happy New Year everyone when it comes :j. Having a quiet evening in here till the bells - toooo cold to go out, its freezing. Hope 2013 is a good year for all MFWs.

I don't really do resolutions but there are some things/goals I'd like to keep in mind for the coming months so I'll post those over the next few days. Thanks for the support over the last year and to those who read my waffling. Love from Teapot xx :T:T
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy New Year teapot. Hope it's a good one for you. :)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills