Amazon/NUS Extra Code

I have just been on amazon and found this message on how to claim your NUS discount:

Take a note of the promotional code as displayed on the NUSextra website.

On the Amazon.co.uk website, select the items you wish to order using your shopping basket (please note you cannot use the 1-click shopping method when redeeming a promotional code).

In the order form you'll see a box that says "Have a gift certificate or promotional claim code?"

Enter your promotional code into the box and click the "Apply" button.

Does this mean that there is just one promotional code e.g. NUSEXTRA or something? If so, would it be possible for someone that has purchased the extra card to log on to the website and post the code here? I realise this is a morally dodgy, but i think it has well and truely been established on this forum that NUS extra is hated by all students. Perhaps it is time for us to start scamming NUS, as they have clearly been exploiting the students.

Please feel free to move/delete this thread if appropriate.

Comments

• grex9101
    grex9101 Posts: 1,534 Forumite
    Unlikely, as an NUSextra card costs £10:

http://essexstudent.com/news/article/NUS_extra_card/
    The word is BOUGHT, not BROUGHT.
    It's LOSE, NOT LOOSE.
    You ask for ADVICE not ADVISE.
  • Crazyangel
    Crazyangel Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Maybe its the code you have on your card ? Like the card issue number which is different for each one ?

Wins : McCains garden games set, 2xTickets to Alton Towers, Links of London friendship bracelet, 2xIdeal Home Show tickets, McFly album CD, Virgin Balloon flight for 2 with a case of ScrumpyJack cider and 2 ltd edition jackets, Powerboat racing experience, £50 Virgin voucher, Aerobie Pro flying ring & Rice Krispie squares, Tesco baby pack
    :j
  • It generates a code for you that you need to print off or write down somewhere. Assuming that you then just pop it in every time you buy with them.
    Any advice given is done so purely on the basis that it be taken as guidance and not a definitive answer to a question. If you are uncertain or confused, always consult your own legal representative.
  • Gooding wrote:
    It generates a code for you that you need to print off or write down somewhere. Assuming that you then just pop it in every time you buy with them.

Oh, i thought it might be something like that, but it was worth a shot. Well, thanks for all your replies.
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    is this a 'fair user' policy on the code or can one person use the code loads and loads without question? is the code linked to one account on amazon?

although i might use a code if it became available to me via friends rather than online, i would probably NOT, and i urge you all to do the same, boycott the discounts which are pathetically small for such big corporations and prove nus extra is a failure.

id rather go through nectar estores and get money off my food at sainsburys
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • When you receive you NUS extra card you will be required to activate it online
    after this, you will be able to access your AMAZON section on your profile, which will then present you with a promotional code. When you next make a purchase, type (or copy paste) thins code into the promo section of your checkout page, and the 10% discount will be activated. There is no further requirement for you to type the code in for further purchases, as the 10% is registered to your account; however, whether the code expires at the time the card expires I am unsure, as I have over a month left on my NUS extra card. I must say, that if you prefer to buy your goods from Amazon, the NUS extra card is a must. It might cost you £10 pound, but in the long run you will have gained that back in savings!
  • although i might use a code if it became available to me via friends rather than online, i would probably NOT, and i urge you all to do the same, boycott the discounts which are pathetically small for such big corporations and prove nus extra is a failure.

The discounts may be small, but for some of us, even those 5% and 10% savings are a real help. If you don't want to spend the £10 to get the card, that's your choice.
    **"Cheer up, it could get worse" - I cheered up, and look, it got worse!**
  • other people cant use the code, i registered mine on my mums account becuase i didnt have one, and now i cant use my code on my account- although i havnt bought a new card yet.
  • amanj_2
    amanj_2 Posts: 161 Forumite
    can some1 please PM me the code, i have bought the card today but theres still 1 week before i get the card and thus access the site to get the discount.
  • I got my NUS card from my college student services but can't log on to activate it online. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't recognise my email address.
    Mum of 7 (aged 14y to 1y)
    loving SW - 5st off and counting! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family