Echo problem on landline cordless phone

tsb
tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Home Phone thread but it seems more of a techie based question to me so here goes.

I've got a new Panasonic cordless telephone system with answer phone and three handsets (KXTG6523EB). This replaced an old BT freestyle system. I'm getting an echo back on my voice when using any of the handsets. I've spoken to the Panasonic helpline and they suggested the following:

1. Move the base unit to a different position - tried this, in fact moved it into a completely different room and has made no difference.

2. Try a different ADSL filter to the base unit - tried this and has made no difference.

3. Try the system on a completely different telephone line (maybe friend/relative/neighbour) which does not have broadband - haven't tried this because, frankly I don't know anyone without broadband!

4. If all else fails return the system to where it was purchased for a refund - Fair enough, but I'm happy with the system if I could get rid of the echo and whats to say this problem isn't on the next system I purchase.

Now the question is, is there different sorts (quality/better technology) of ADSL filter? I'm just using the ones supplied by the broadband provider - Orange, on a BT line. The filters are a few years old now.

Grateful for any of your thoughts/experiences on this - thanks for reading.:)

Comments

• tsb
    Bump ;)

No-one know anything about ADSL filters or should I post on Home Phone Board?
  • davb
    davb Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    There are different qualities of microfilters, but if you have tried a couple of different ones, then that's unlikely to be your problem. Personally I use a filtered faceplate on the master socket - this is a decent filter, and also removes the need to have a microfilter on every extension.
  • tsb
    Thanks for that davb . Will certainly investigate this, didn't know such a thing existed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure