Changing digs and coming out of my cave... for a wee while atleast :)

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,262 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Tablet :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That'll teach me not to skim - thought you saw a horse for a mo there and you were buying one!

He he he he laughed out loud there, can you imagine me with a horse :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
  • elantan
    beanielou wrote: »
    Tablet :drool:

I know and you get to have some ... Skinty doesn't nah nah nah nah nah Skinty ;)

I'll make sure mr el makes some for you for when we meet in the new year :)
  • elantan
    edited 4 December 2013 at 8:52PM
    so i was thinking ... should i share the reason why i have decided to restart a diary... it kinda goes like this

i keep in touch with a few Mser's via facebook, text message etc and its great to stay in touch, i was talking to one such Mser ( who shall remain anonymous) yesterday and the day before, we got to chatting about how powerful our wee community is, about how as people we go above and beyond the call of duty to help a fellow Mser out when they need help, this particular person has helped me out more times than i can count, whether it is pm, email, text message, on the boards, even just reading their posts on other threads that are not aimed at me, now this help is very much what most of us do for each other and we dont even realize we are doing it.

sometimes yes we know that a person needs help and we jump to help them, other times just posting to others might help us work things out for ourselves,

So really what i am saying is ... Thank you everyone all of the pm's text messages, facebook chats, thread messages your help and support have been a huge part of my journey, i hope in some small way i can repay all the help you have shown me, starting back up a diary is aimed at hopefully helping to pay forward some of the help i have received, cause you never know maybe someone lurking might find something someone has written here helpful :)

Thank You all
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    elantan wrote: »
    sometimes yes we know that a person needs help and we jump to help them, other times just posting to others might help us work things out for ourselves,

So really what i am saying is ... Thank you everyone all of the pm's text messages, facebook chats, thread messages your help and support have been a huge part of my journey, i hope in some small way i can repay all the help you have shown me, starting back up a diary is aimed at hopefully helping to pay forward some of the help i have received, cause you never know maybe someone lurking might find something someone has written here helpful :)

Thank You all

:wave: Elantan, that's such a helpful and thoughtful post ~ I was trolled in my previous days on here and felt condemned to lurk for the rest of eternity as a result.

However, even from the far reaches of lurkdom, it became clear that there are plenty of kind and good MSErs on here. Actually, you're spot on about your power to help lurkers: I have found so many helpful things out just by lurking, reading and learning - not only from others' luck, hard work and experiences but also from their mistakes which are so willingly and honestly shared with a genuine intention of helping others. This is why I finally plucked up the courage to come out of the shadows.

:) Thank you too!

PS: will catch up with you with my theory about #BB and WW's demise another time!
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • elantan
    edited 4 December 2013 at 10:26PM
    I'm always available for BB chat lol ... and yes this is the thing ... its not always by saying what we do that's right that helps others... its sharing our mistakes as well, and how we sorted them/ didnt sort them ... that can be just as equally helpful

really sorry you were trolled before ... its such a rotten thing and can be so dangerous, i'm glad you feel stronger to come back and really hope you never experience it again
  • elantan
    I think there may be something going on of which Mr el and I are not party to

We got one quote for the fires and this person has not too long ago started out on his own... We also had another person visiting us who actually offered other ideas ( don't really want to discuss them till I know fully the in' sand out' sand how it might work for us)

Last night Mr el and I decided to email the second person and ask him what's happening as he ha said he would get back to us at the end of next week, then stated he would get back to us yesterday at the latest so last night we emailed saying how did it go etc

We also emailed some govt body for some Info and emailed the lad that has recently started out on his own ... Now this is where it gets interesting

The lad that has started out on hi own worked for the guy that said he would get back to us, apparently they left on good terms but it's not so good now, when we met with the first guy he stated that he did work for him an that the guy knows his stuff but that he wanted to go out on his own ( I can understand that) ... Went to look on the second guys website and it is full of photos of jobs the first guy has done ... Showing his work

When we emailed the first guy ( the one that's went out on his own) we told him exactly what was happening and that we would be back in touch when we knew further

Within minutes the guy had emailed back looking for more info, I sent him the links for the stuff

He then emailed again asking another q ... I replied... He then emailed almost instantly saying to phone him tomorrow so we replied saying yeah no worries we will

Mr El who doesn't get a signal has just texte from his work ... He has several missed calls from the guy from last night

I'm quite curious to find out what exactly it is he is thinking

In financial news ... The news that the pension age is going up has got me thinking ... I think I need to save more into a pension and ISA savings ... So that's where my current train of thought will be getting lost for the foreseeable
  • elantan
    So the first storms of 2013 arrived today, and left with a huge chunk of our roof, Mr El has taken tomorrow off to try and fix it, if he can't manage then we will need to get a roofer in :(

The whole fire etc debate rumbles on, the guy then went out on his own spoke to Mr El with some warnings about the new idea that we are kicking about ... So ... Back to the drawing board ... It would be so helpful if we could speak to someone that knows their stuff but isn't just wanting to make money off of us
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hope the roof is fixable.
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• elantan
    So do I Skinty ... Thanks

Just smashed the last plate we received as a wedding present ... Can't complain really it lasted just shy of 24 years ... Will nip out and buy a few next week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure