Building The Burrow!

Comments

• Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you haven't been derailed. Good to hear from you.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Pearla's back - yippee!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • I'm on the food is fuel not yumminess track as well, its hard but working! I'm doing a mixture of yoga and Pilates but haven't really managed any daily consistency yet which I would like to work on in February. 2015 sounds exciting for you and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

WS
    GC Feb - £190/£200
    2015 OP Challenge - £420/£4000
    Mortgage Free Aim Nov 2021
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thank you INOD, apple muncher & WhiteSnowdrop :) Lovely to see you, I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone properly at long last!

Though saying that I'm about to head off with Mr M for a few days away :o but I shall be back with a vengeance, a vengeance I say!

Yesterday was all about work, but I've arranged a meeting to talk about more hours so that's a good step forward. Had family stuff on the go in the evening and then on into today; lovely to see everyone but such a shame that it's due to such sad circumstances.

Somehow managed to hit my 10,000 step target today, I literally don't know how as I didn't think I went anywhere much - which makes me think that I should really up my game and force myself into early morning walks which should help make sure I'm hitting that target every day.

:www: MFW Wonderment: went out to the shop to pick up a pizza at tea time rather than ordering one - serious MFW points there as it was seriously perishing out there! 1polled and found some timely gift bits & bobs in the sale.

:coffee: Simple Pleasures: winter walks along the river, lovely times reconnecting with family, realising I have lots of books sitting on my shelves waiting to be read!

:heartsmil Burrow Building: an exciting adventure ahead! Plus found another couple of things to declutter today, yay!
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Had a very nice few days away :) Glad to report I walked 8 miles a day on average and was angelically healthily... when not eating cream cakes. :A

Spent a bit more than expected, but all for a very good cause so a line has been drawn and life moves onwards.

:www: MFW Wonderment: new hours at work sorted out; progressed with a lot of self employment bits (yay) and am ready to crack on with that and get the money rolling in :D; have been educating myself with money-saving/frugal-living tips (always handy).

:coffee: Simple Pleasures: it literally does not get better than watching snow fall :smileyheart

:heartsmil Burrow Building: fabulous time away! Time to start planning the next adventure....
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • All sounding very positive.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Thanks INOD :)

Well it's all come to a halt, am sofa-bound with hideous flu-like thing. Happily this has stopped me going anywhere/spending money. :o

Laundry mountain has now become a laundry mountain range, there is no end in sight. I'd planned to spend the next few days doing lots of housework/sorting out but that will have to wait, c'est la vie.

Think I might update my accounts/spreadsheets to cheer myself up a bit...
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Oh, Pearla, take care of yourself and get well soon xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • It's a sad day when excel spreadsheets make you feel better! Ignore the mountain range, put a bit of naff tv on instead! Hope you feel better soon.

WS
    GC Feb - £190/£200
    2015 OP Challenge - £420/£4000
    Mortgage Free Aim Nov 2021
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've done quite a bit of TV watching, WhiteSnowdrop, never fear ;)

Glad to report I'm miles better this evening :T Just about to have a storecupboard pasta bake tea, nomnomnom.

Surprisingly productive day in the end. Have got my spending diary up to date and did some budgeting for the next several months. Have worked out I can get a cheaper travel pass, saving me £30+ every month, woohoo :T

Fridgefreezer has been emptied, it needs to be defrosted (has been acting up since we moved), once that's done it'll be full steam ahead with the batch cooking! This weekend I'll be eating up lots of random bits I liberated from our other freezer to make space for higher value foodstuffs.

Another bag of bits ready to go to the charity shop, and a dent has been made in the dreaded laundry. Even hoovered and dusted today(!).

:www: MFW Wonderment: travel savings & other bits as above, looked into the local LETS group (local exchange trading scheme) and shall join up soon (trying not to take on too much at once at the mo, which has always been a bad habit...), I thoroughly encourage others to look into their local groups, great way to get away from using money for all sorts of things (skills, services, products etc). Also got myself signed up to the local allotment waiting list, yay!

:coffee: Simple Pleasures: all sorts of garden birds have started using our window bird feeder! Have had great tits, robins and blackbirds so far. It's amazing to see them so close (got a chair set up just a couple of feet away), I could watch them all day :D

:heartsmil Burrow Building: a tidy house! One day it'll stay this way for more than five minutes!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure