PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th March 2017

Comments

• Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Kazwookie, not sure your OH has really got the shopping thing... I spend ages poring over information on packets sometimes! Hope you feel better soon Honey Bear, and loudmouth's DD, being ill isn't fun :( Glad you're enjoying having a doggy visitor LameWolf - that sounds like so much fun :)

I did some stuff!

Monday - Beautiful Bedroom

Level 1
    [STRIKE]Open the window[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]strip the bed
    make bed[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]dust sill
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE] wipe light switch[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    clear detritus from bedside table
    empty bin

I might yet manage level 3, but I'm shutting down the laptop for the night now :)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not in this week. Apparently it's not tonsillitis, it's a viral throat infection, and likely to be around for a week or so. Feeling very sorry for myself atm.

Oh dear, just take it easy now. Sending a gentle hug.

Valli wrote: »
    Lost another 4lb at SW.

Wow, that's really good - well done!!

LameWolf wrote: »
    Yes; Lizzie arrived on Saturday, and will be here til Sunday. She's taking up literally all my time and energy (the latter of which I have very little at present - thanks, lupus) but she's a super little girl, and it's just so good to have a dog in the house again. :o

Lovely that you've got Lizzie but I'm sorry to hear your lupus is draining you.

You'll like to hear that Mum & Dad got a dog on the weekend - it's a 4 year old Cockapoo called Coco and apparently she's adorable and super friendly with humans. She is a bit nervous of bigger dogs and Mum said Coco had a little pee each time a big dog came over to her, bless her. I'm going down there in August with both dogs so they've got til then to get her sorted as Whiz is super friendly and playful and I don't want Coco peeing all over their carpet!!! Mum loves her - she's only meant to be on trial but after 24 hours Mum is saying there's no way she's going back. Shame they're in Cornwall and I'm up here in Bristol but never mind.

Today I have done all the list - everything! Does help I didn't have much paid stuff in but I made the effort to do windows/dust etc and the bedroom feels so much better. As for tomorrow I did the upstairs bathrooms but will do the cloakroom downstairs and window sills etc upstairs which are covered with Z's make up and gibble.

Off to bed now - been a good day. Night!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hugs and get well vibes to all those who need them, especially HB and Loudmouth's DD. Super impressed Mumof2 about you completing all the list! And very jealous of your mum and dad's new dog.

Well, so much for thinking that I'd get level 1 done - absolutely nothing managed! Just the usual WM x 1, DW run and emptied plus a pile of washing up done. S&S'd the basins and toilets this morning before paid stuff. Kitchen is sort of tidy now, but the HHI has been moved to tomorrow. As it's on the list, I'm aiming to at least get that ticked off! For now, though, I'm calling it a day. See you in the morning.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 March 2017 at 11:29PM
    Get well soon Honey Bear and Loudmouth's DD. X

Busy bee here today.

Ground floor dysoned
    Used dusting head for first time and vaccummed cobwebs from ground floor walls and ceilings.
    Kitchen window sill cleaned
    Kitchen window and French Doors cleaned
    Vases washed
    "Chester drawers" dusted (saw this spelling on a local sales site)
    Ds2's bed remade
    3x wm done
    Outside cat water dishes washed and refilled
    Bins emptied
    Shower cleaned
    Ds2 put his soft toys into a clean pillowcase. He left a very small one out for the charity bag. :)
    Ds2 entertained and fed.
    Bras handwashed

It has been a bright sunny day here which showed up how bad the house is.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all

GWS vibes for all the poorlies
    Well done Valli on the loss of weight again
    Great to hear you enjoying your visitor LW but sorry about the lupus
    Lovely to hear about all the gardening on going already, just wish I had one.

Kitchen all done except the floor
    Dusted all through, top to bottom
    Spare bedding all folded and packed away apart from duvet - to be washed t/m I hope.

So sad about the HFE incident all these years later. My DH was booked on there but he was early and caught the one before. So lucky eh.

Monday - Beautiful Bedroom
    Open the window
    strip the bed
    clean window
    make bed
    vacuum/sweep floors

Twinkling Tuesday Bathroom Brightener
    Open windows
    Empty Bath sides and shower cubicles of all bottles, loofahs etc
    Spray with cleaner
    Scrub down bath/shower
    Rinse
    polish taps
    put clean washcloths out
    Flush loos
    spray with cleaner of choice (I like cream cleaner for porcelain)
    scrub bowl - don't forget under rim
    With a bucket of hot water wipe loo seats etc. handles, etc
    Good slug of bleach
    clean cloth - basin needs a scrub. And bidet if you have one
    scrub then polish taps with a dry m/f cloth
    polish/wipe radiator/towel rail
    replace all towel
    vacuum or mop floors
    EXTRAS
    Wipe tiles around basins/splashbacks

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    Morning all. I woke up at some unearthly hour and couldn't get back to sleep, so here I am at my desk, drinking my second cup of tea of the day. The first one was decaff, but it didn't help me relax, so this one is the "wake me up!" variety in the hope that I can be productive instead.

Sending GWS lots of vibes to Honey Bear and loudmouth's DD, and begone vibes to LW's lupus flare and that debilitating fatigue - glad that lovely Lizzie is helping to keep your pecker up.

Yesterday evening 11 of the Old Wives went out for a meal at our local pub, though it's one that we haven't patronised before in the 47 years that our group has existed. Very nice it was, too, and not at all expensive. We shall go there again. While we were there, I managed to get ideas for next term's programme and write our very short report for the church AGM, so those just require a couple of emails to be sent.

Today is a normal Tuesday: SW this morning, college for me and model railway club for DH this evening. Yesterday I managed to get a number of small admin jobs crossed off my list, as well as sorting some reading material for my next assignment, so I must knuckle down now and deal with a few more things off the list before we go out at 9 o'clock.

Hope everyone has a good (or at least better) day. (((Hugs))) spoons and sticks all round, as needed x
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Morning all

Up all night with DS who really isn't well bless him. Hacking cough, constant sneezing and the runs. We will drop DD off at school today but thats about it. I expect (hope) we will both have a little nap later.

I have read the thread but nothing has stuck so I will just send big hugs all round xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    Jumping on quickly to declare HHI done and clean clothes from the airing cupboard rehoused to their rightful owners. This may be as good as it gets for today, we'll see....
    I've just said no to another volunteering 'job' after this year, so now feeling incredibly guilty and trying not to go back and say ok....
    ATB, I hope your DS feels better today, and at least you get a cuddly nap later:)
    Must dash.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Morning all. Nothing done here yet except eating breakfast.

LW - glad you've got doggy company again.
    Bossy - well done to your DS.

Time to look at the list.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning

So far

All ironing is done and away
    My hair is coloured and sorted
    Kitchen done and sorted

I think I might spend some time today iun the garden before the weeds start to take over!
    Letter to post
    Rolls to buy for lunches this week
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts