NST Muddy March Marathon

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 March 2017 at 1:10AM
    Not managing to get going this March at all. :( Just busy and always something else to do... I've stopped making lists and lost count of spending. So today I am going to kick my backside and write a to-do list so I can at least make a couple of small steps.

Hugs. Just keep plodding. I have stopped doing lists for the past two weeks (although I can still be heard muttering the morning mantras - toilet, pills, more water). I have in mind any meetings/ appointments I must make, time the morning routine to get there on time and then have in mind the next task I will do. Not thrilled with low productivity but prioritising is working (realise some of the things don't need doing).
    Calling14 wrote: »

Mothernerd will work through all your challenges over the weekend. I am not ignoring them honest.

Not highly excitable for the weekend when the highlight is tadpoles probably in the rain.

Feeling a bit down, want a holiday. Missing having a man to wine and dine me at weekends as well. Really felt lonely last few nights.
    The challenges are an optional extra. You have work, grandchildren and not been well, don't let any challenge stress you more.
    nsd 12
    Love all the chat on this page but do find it hard to do the challenges - think it must be with working full time and spending quite a bit of my free time exercising.
    This week has been hard - work is tough at the mo for many reasons. Home is my sanctuary but 4 y o does continue to have outbursts every so often that are out of this world. I cope so well with 33 11 year olds all day and then...

I don't think I've ever in my life carried on working on new year goals into March and I can finally see why it is worth pursuing a dream
    Hope everyone has an amazing and money saving weekend :)

Again the challenges are optional, you have a lot on your plate. The 11 yo s are easier because they are not yours. Your own always know just how to press your buttons. I was always grateful that with DS1 (total non-sleeper) I had a baby with a cry I could tolerate - I swear some of the other babies, I would have given away before I left hospital.

They can be very sweet as well. One day, because there was no post I said 'No body loves me'. DS3 looked puzzled, said he didn't know how to write a letter (was just learning) then ran off. Shortly after he returned with a card he had taken from the craft box with a drawing on the front and inside mis-spelt (dear mummy, with love, if you are ill dont go to your meeting). He remembered the first bits because we put them in cards.

Hugs Apple yes you will get there (in the meantime, try to enjoy the journey).

Will reply properly to people tomorrow (or later tonight). I've had a strange day.

The chinchilla food came promptly so had another little sleep (was falling asleep waiting). Felt a bit better but not much. Decided that if I went to Icyland, at least we would have food (chilli and curry getting repetitious) and I could see if I felt able to pick up a few more bits on the way home, where I would give myself permision to collapse and loz around for the rest of the day.

Came back twice to go to the toilet before getting to the back gate, got very wet (with the rain) but kept smiling but then had the urge to 'go' again so completed the shop asap. Marched round to the SM as their toilet was nearer than home, spent an embarrassingly long time in there, bought a few more things and got a taxi home. Just glad that my distress didn't become public - very close run thing.

Had a bath, got back in bed, leaving them to sort the food delivery. Pain has eased but have had 2 more sleeps. Going to try eating something in a mo - not sure I should but am hungry and don't want to be doing food in the middle of the night.

So todays gratitudes are all for not being publicly embarrassed, not having to walk home from through the bus station or town centre or having an accident in the middle of a SM.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    I need to get back to running, and the playlist was invaluable last time, so a new one is needed to get me out the door. I am awake at 5.30am again every day. Soon it will be 5am because of birdsong and light change. Might as well go for a run while no one is looking - it is amazing the amount of people who say they have seen you when you go out for a run.

Cupboard inventory taken, menu planned for the week, food shop done.

£2 spent in charity shop for 4 books. Will keep me amused for a while.
    Grateful for:
    food in the cupboards,
    DS1 having a great time at the Big Bang Science Fair at the NEC today,
    refinding the urge to go running again,
    I am ploughing my way through the jobs on the list,
    a big stack of books next to my bed,
    a man I still adore after 20 years
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hugs mothernerd, glad you managed to find convenient toilets

SFD number 11 today. Feeling good about everything this evening :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Mothernerd lovely post - thank you x x x
  • I dont think I will hit 20nsd. Oh well.
    Yesterday wasn't a no spend day. I am hoping for a 5 day streak. I was tempted to take my eldest to the cinema but I changed my mind. Mainly due to my 4-month-old and the feeling she would act up.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Morning all :coffee:
    I was so tired last night I fell asleep on the sofa before 9pm. Bit restless though - I am getting ill again. Kept waking up with a snotty nose and this morning I have a really sore throat and a bit of earache as well. Good news is that today should be a fairly quiet day - my trainer is away so no early session. DS football match cancelled so I just need to do my tutoring later on.
    Other than that, the to-do lists need to come back. My anxiety goes into overdrive when I am trying to remember too much.
    Minimal housework, plenty of paracetamol and liquids and I'll be right.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 March 2017 at 12:47PM
    Day Eighteen
    Today I want your best Use It or Lose It examples, turtles (sorry still delicate, aching and a bit dizzy). Show me how imaginative and resourceful you all are.

Day Eighteeen Wellbeing
    Make time for a wholesome breakfast.

Inspiration
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars (Oscar Wilde)
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Since Weds I have had another NSD and unfortunately also a spend day.

Thurs was a NSD but yesterday was a spend day, we are nearly out of dog poo bags so stocked up on those from Wilko. Then while I was out for work I passed a charity shop which is stock that the other shops in the 'brand' could not sell at their usual price so they come to this shop and get reduced right down.
    I decided on Thurs that for Mothers Day I would ask the kids for a spring/summer lightweight coat as my one has started to fade (its black) and is also too short in the body now.
    Then lo and behold in the charity shop was a pink lightweight coat for £1.50!! It must have been fate.
    Had a look at the trouser rail and managed to get some black yoga pants £ 1 (but I will wear them in the evenings after I get in from work and before I am ready for PJ's) and also some thin jeans with elasticated waist £1 (these are ideal on the field/allotment as they give a good range of movement) and a casual black top £1.
    So I was very pleased with my haul and now will have to think of something else for Mothers Day!!

Thanks for todays challenge mothernerd - I always have breakfast, I can never get my head round people who don't. I grew up with breakfast every day and seemed to have carried that on. On work days I have Lidl version of ReadyBrek as can make this at work and at weekend I have something on wholemeal GF bread so either egg or beans or bacon or a combination.

My example of Use It or Lose it is our village allotments. They have been in use since the mid 50's and are owned by the Diocese, they were always a hive of activity but over the years as people died or left plots were not rented out. I think the agents couldn't be bothered with the paperwork involved in collecting pitiful rents. The village got together and tried to negotiate with the agency to no avail - we had 8 people who wanted plots and even offered to collect the rent ourselves to save them time.
    In the end we went to the papers and the Diocese found out - so the allotments are back in use and I am Chair of the Allotments and we pay a set rental for the whole area and then collect in rent.
    DH and I have a plot each even though we don't really need one but we do it to support the village, some other people are the same.
    The majority of the site is looking fab and up until this month we had nearly all the plots rented out but some people have left (renewal time so the chance to leave) so we have a few plots vacant but I am hopeful we will rent them - we have had people come and go over the few years we have had and have a healthy bank balance.
    Hopefully the more we use the less we will lose it - there was talk that the agency were considering housing on the site!! So we need to do our best to stop this.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Can I just check that I am still running the April challenge?

Was going to make a start on it this weekend if I am.
  • Todays challenge was porridge and strawberries.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport