YES Loans - Please help

Comments

• iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    trinity77 wrote: »
    IM A FOOL!

We all muck up at some point...i to have been recently (last week) taken in by yes loans. My problem at the moment isnt with them so muc but its with another company that they handed me over to. After they called me they put me through to a company called "we fight any claim"
    They told me they were to do with my loan application but in fact it was to do with PPI, i really stupidly gave them my card details so they cold take a £250 payment at a later date. I thought "oh it wont matter i can cancel with in 14 days if i dont like the look of the paper work". Needless to say...got the paperwork and decided to cancel. Only problem is i cant! The number they supplied is rubbish no one ever answers. I then found another number but as soon as i tell the person i want to cancel they hang up on me!
    I was in tears of frustation yesterday! It was awful.

The bank was extremely unhelpful and said i couldnt cancel the card transation even tho it hadnt gone thro yet. They said they have to honor the other company and pay it. I dont have the money in my bank so at some point today im going to go £250 over drawn and end up with charges.

Yes loans have clearly passed mt details on to some very dodgy companys becuase ive been harrassed non stop by people telling me that ive been accepted for a 2000 pound credit card and all i have to do is ring a 0906 number to get it....only you guessed it! they are busy and i have to ring back....£££££ yeah right!

Im offically a mug! Lesson well learnt :( x

Just tell the bank that you have lost your card. Sorted.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Ive not given out any details since the whole we fight any claim incident. I asked the bank to cancel my card and log it as stolen but they said it wouldn't make any difference they have to honour the person ive paid using it.

Fortunatly so far no money has been taken! phew...
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Trinity77: If you get any more calls from people or firms that are clearly as a result of your contact with Yes Loans hang up on the immediately without talking to them.
    Amongst the firms that will be calling will be people trying to scam you in various ways, not all of the scams will eventually be over the telephone. They will be trying to get as much information from you as they can, especially your home address, d.o.b. NI No. etc for identity fraud.

They will keep phoning you and winding you up so that in a temper, some of this information will come out - one prime way is for you to shout down the phone - "I'm fed up with these calls, put me through to you supervisor..." - "Supervisor here" (actually man on the next desk) - "Ah, yes,I'll get your name removed from our list - can I confirm your address, please so that I know we have the right person?!!!"

As long as you go on speaking to them, they will continue to call you - the answer is, do not talk to them and eventually (long time, though) they will stop.
  • ljcraigboy
    ljcraigboy Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can the card provider help under section 75 of consumer protection and get a charge back
  • trouser
    trouser Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello there, Im in the same boat. I can tell you you will get your money back minus £5 Unfortunately the bank cant stop the transaction. However here is the bit of bad news.

Do not call them its 10p a minute you wont get through and they will only tell you to apply by post. You will have to do this in 14 days however that is 14 days of you receiving any correspondance.

Send them a recorded delivery letter stating you are within the 14 days and they have 30 days (and tell them a specific day) to get your cash back minus the £5 broker fee.

Another bit of bad news, they will no doubt not send your cash back within the 30 days limit what appears to be happening is they claim dumb and "investigate the case" which will take up to another 8 weeks.

So... after the 30 days is up you will have to contact the financial ombudsman, youcan do it by phone remember to keep your reference and they will lodge the complaint for you.

And then it is a waiting matter, remember to keep your postal receipt for the recorded delivery

Yes will bombard you with calls from sister companies do not get cross on the phone and ask for the callers name then say " thank you I have your name please dont call again, remove me from your call ist and any more calls will be logged and forwarded to the financial ombudsman and trading standards as harrasment" Do not continue the call just hang up.... write this down and just read it verbatim recording the callers name.

If you would like any help please get in touch with me. Im trying to group together people for a bulk complaint to trading standards and I can send you a copy of the type of letter to send and give phone numbers etc for the ombudsman.

To recap .... yes you will get your money back minus £5 but it might take 12 weeks from start to finish and do not call them do all correspondance by registered signed for mail
  • dragon27
    dragon27 Posts: 22 Forumite
    I was an idiot yesterday and I gave yesloans my debit card details but said that I couldn't pay until the 19th

I've then reported my debit card lost/stolen and are being issued with another one

Will this stop them taking the money?

Thanks a lot

I'm at my wits end
    Lloyds TSB Student Credit Card - £650 - 3% min payment
    Orange via Moorcroft - £390 - £20 per month
    Lloyds TSB Student Overdraft - £500
    Total debt: £1540
  • Thanks a lot for ur sharing.
    I have the same problems, well ...
  • Daisy4567
    Daisy4567 Posts: 218 Forumite
    trinity77 wrote: »
    Ive not given out any details since the whole we fight any claim incident. I asked the bank to cancel my card and log it as stolen but they said it wouldn't make any difference they have to honour the person ive paid using it.

Fortunatly so far no money has been taken! phew...

Hi,

What bank are you with? I'm with HSBC and when YES Loans originally tried to take the money the payment was declined due to insifficient funds - so obviously the bank didn't honour it and I'd have thought this would be the case with other banks too? Sounds a bit iffy for a bank to let £250.00 go through on a card payment when there's not enough money to cover it.

I know they can let D/D's and S/O's go through?

Thanks everyone for all your advice - I do seem to have sorted it - I think!

It took a whole lot of perseverance and some stern talking but so far they haven't tried to take the money. Also I did take all the money out of my account as advised, but on calling the HSBC they've assured me they didn't try to take on the 12th.

I also contacted the Banking Ombudsman and told them what had happened and that I just could not get through to anyone to cancel (you know what the so called "Customer Careline" is like) - so they logged my complaint and gave me a ref number ready to action if the worst happened.

Very long story short, if you go on their website and ask for a call back (there's a ring me option) they ring you - it's their bill not yours. I waited 57 minutes to get through to the Careline!!!! To speak to a jumped up little upstart who said I had to write in (which I'd already done and send recorded delivery) - I insisted he made notes on my file to say I had written and was cancelling so there was at least a footprint there that I was doing that.

I copied the letter to both their head office:

YES Loans
    Cradoc House
    Heol-Y-Llyfrau
    Aberkenfig
    Bridgend
    CF32 9PL

and:

Yes Loans Ltd,
    Tintern House,
    William Brown Close,
    Llantarnam,
    Cwmbran,
    NP44 3AB

and emailed to The Banking Ombudsman (I wonder if me putting this as the CC on the bottom of my letter helped too)

Incidently, HSBC told me stopping my card would prevent them taking the funds.

Hope this info is useful to other people stung by this dreadful company.
    When looking at the climb in front of you, don't forget to look back once in a while and see how far you have come:j
    and remember...
    All the worrying in the world won't change anything...so breathe:beer:
  • Hi, I've been stung by them as well. Why oh why didn't I check them out first, I would've saved myself alot of time and stress. I've paid the £69.99 by debit card last week and despite trying to get through to the so called Customer Care line have had no joy up to now. Even when the recorded message says "there at least 20 people in queue and to call back", when you hang up the phone - they're still there on the line. I had to unplug my phone from the main socket to disconnect the call. I've written a letter today requesting a refund so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I can't quite understand why the Financial Services Ombudsman are letting them continue to operate as looking at the Forum this has been going on for years.
  • Daisy4567
    Daisy4567 Posts: 218 Forumite
    Get them to call you -

Go on the Contact Us page and Click to talk, put your number in and they ring you - they'll put you through to the so called Careline and beliwve me I waited nearly an hour - but got through eventually and it didn't cost me a penny
    When looking at the climb in front of you, don't forget to look back once in a while and see how far you have come:j
    and remember...
    All the worrying in the world won't change anything...so breathe:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family